Thinking of gettingsecond bike to play with

jmaz268

Killin' is my business, a
Donating Member
Registered
Well I was at my favorite place in the world, the bike shop, the other day seen this bike what do you guys think.....buy or not to buy...that is the real question.  If you can't tell it is a 2001 ducati 996, it has 8600 miles.  they want like 9900 for it....But it looks so sweet.

i don't think you need it.. me on the other hand.. I neeeeeed that. please ship it to me post haste.. I'll handle the taxes and junk though. Just get the title.

Thanks!

Well technically i was going to give it to my old lady....but there is a motive there.....When she gets it and realizes she is too small for it, it becomes all mine......MY PRECIOUS....
laugh.gif

Looks nice, but I'm not a big Ducati fan. Why not an older Gixxer?

you do have a point, I'm not a big ducati fan, the whole v-twin thing kinda throws my off. But the thing is so short I know it will handles like nothing else. If it ever warms up here in carbondale, IL I will take it for a spin or two.

I've always had a thing for Ducati's. Friend of mine had a 900SS years ago and I was always drooling over it. That 996 is sweet also.

Expensive toy, but I'd buy one if I had the cash.

Buy it and post pics I can use as desktops
smile.gif

I wouldn't get ducati, but hey its for you, get what makes you happy.

Look at the 05' triple speed! IF you can find any left. I hear the allotment for the US is pretty much spoken for. I have a deposit on one that is suppose to be here in late March...they are bad a** streetfighter looking units. At least look at one on the Triumph site....around $8k otd.

Not a bad looking bike. Never been huge on Ducati myself, maybe because they cost so much. For a second bike for me, I'm thinking about an 05 Gixxer 1K. Maybe I'll give myself an early birthday present.

If you are looking for a sweet deal on a ducati there is a dealer in louisville ky that has a 2003 ducati 998 matrix bike with 1900 miles on it for 10500.
sweet deal and price. commonwealth suzuki\ ducati 502-568-2666, i have seen the bike and it is sweet.
biggrin.gif

Get a ZRX, takes mods real good, alot of interchangable parts, great bike for hot summer days...can buy used for a fair price..

Beautiful bike, and really I don;t have a problem with the v-twins either. My big thing with a duck is that the engines are EXTREMELY Fragile. their desmodronic valve systems are notorious for needing constant care, and the price of their maintenance bears that out. (A friend of mine bought a Monster 620... the 600-mile service was a buck a mile. Yeah, $600 for scheduled maintenance on a base-model bike)

Hell, you could probably mod out a fully race-ready SV1000 and race in the SVCup at that price... and have enough left over to buy all the people you beat drinks after the race. ;)

Back