thinking of getting a Busa

rg34

Registered
I'm new to the forum. I joined to see what everyone said about the Busa. I currently own an 04 R1. I bought it in March 04 and have since fixed it up to drag race. I can only make one pass and then I have to let the clutches cool for about 30 minutes. This is becoming a real pain in A** so of course I'm already thinking about getting a different bike. I bought the R1 because it was an all new bike. Now I'm thinking that I'm going to bet rid of it and get a Busa. Does anybody know if there are any changes that may be in the works for next years bike. I just hate to buy one now and then they change them up. I wish I has just gotten one in 04. Also, is anybody else that is currently drag racing their Busa having any clutch problems?

Well last year i talke to the suzuki rep and he said 06 but everyone kept saying 05. I think 06 they will and this thread is about to get really long so holla
wink.gif

rg34, If your clutch is heating up... I dont think its anything to do with the design of the R1, I think its how you have a mod the clutch for the drag. Have you got it checked
rock.gif

welcome to the board, I suggest keep the R-1 for the twisties and buy a Busa for the strip!!!!
Their are a lot of aftermarket goodies available for the busa especially if planning to set it up for drag racing. I think it will not matter what comes out next year as far as a redesigned busa if you are drag racing it. Most folks are either building the big bore or getting the turbos in which case it doesn't matter what Suzuki puts out, the turbo will dominate at the strip. I would suggest getting a used one and throwing a stage two turbo on it. Multi-stage lock up clutch and you will be set. A street ridable 460 hp Busa. Don't think the 2006 bikes will be able to compete with that
wink.gif

If it's for dragracing get a used Busa and decide if you want a Big Bore or Turbo. Lots of sites full of info like <a href="http://www.psychobike.com>Psychobike.com<a> and <a href="http://www.suzukihayabusa.org>sh.org<a> and <a href="http://www.superkaos.com">superkaos.com<a>. Put the R1 back to streetable condition and use it for the twisties.

Sounds like you could have done a lil more homework before purchasing the R1 for the strip. I do envy you though, because while the one is not only the nicest looking bike out of Japan IMO, it's great for twisties and stunting. Not the best choice however for the track. As for the rumors about 06' it may be the year the hyperbike gets a revamp led by the rumored (may just be that rumored) Honda 1200 VFR. So if I were you, being that you have wheels now, I'd keep working with what ya have and wait until 06'. If there is no change/upgrade make a move then. Just m .02 however and welcome to the board.

hi guys i live in wet and cold scotland been running a 1992 cbr 900 for the last three year now iam moving up to a real mans machine the bike iam getting is a 2003 stealth model as they are known over here only 500 in the uk so i have been told does the tre work ok on this year of bike any tips or info would be great

Back