Thinking of coming back to the fold....

HOLLYWOOD33

Donating Member
Registered
It's been a couple of years since my last Busa.....

I did the RR "trackday" thing a lot (liter bikes) and have also been bitten by the supermoto bug..... Only problem is that now I'm down to just the supermoto (which I want to keep for the track and hooligan riding)...

This wouldn't be an issue if I lived up in the mountains, but alas, I'm in good old South Fla....

So, I'm really thinking about getting a Busa again for the long hauls, 2-up ease, and the group rides I like to do down here (obviously involves a lot of straight, flat highway roads)....

My question to you guys is "Is there any real reason to go with the Gen 2 over the Gen 1 ???"

I never had one issue with my 2004 or 2005 Busa... My budget is around $7 - 8K......

Any help would be appreciated gents.......... Thanks! :oldcool:

Gen II is all an all around better bike, bettter brakes, better handling, and more hp, but I am sure you will be happy with whatever you decide.. :welcome: back

It's not that the Gen I is a bad bike, it's just that the Gen II is so much better.

Gen II Brakes ! I have an 05 Turbo that I love and is going no where but when I bought my B King I was shocked by how my better the B King is. The improvement is radical enough that I am now blowing the winter mod budget on going to Radial master cylinders for my front brakes on the 05

You should be able to find a Gen II in that 7 - 8 K range easily and why not go with the latest and greatest if you can? Like others have said there's nothing wrong with the Gen I it is just that the Gen II is better. :thumbsup:

Also, I hate seeing all these Florida Riders posting up. I lived in Gainesville Florida for like 8 years and the only other person I knew that had a Busa was my friend Kasper. Now that I move there's busa owners all over the place.

Back