Thinking of coming back to the Busa

RonB

Registered
I had a 2005 LE sold it, later bought a 2008 zx14..its gone now. Haven't rode the new busa yet, but like the looks. There much difference in it and the older one (real difference) other than looks.

I had a 2005 LE sold it, later bought a 2008 zx14..its gone now. Haven't rode the new busa yet, but like the looks. There much difference in it and the older one (real difference) other than looks.

Yeah.. more power, the brakes are tons better, it handles much better.. the list goes on.

between the Gen1 and Gen2 there have been noticable improvements except for the rider position. Welcome back to the fastest bike again :laugh:

Chicks dig it, old people fear it, nine counties won't allow it and it raises you intelligence level 5 points on a standard Rorschach test! There is no down side to owning it!

:rofl: I had an 09 zx-14 before I got my 08 busa. They are both great bikes, I would say that the zx is a bit bigger feeling and more comfortable, but the busa feels more sporty. I had the same mods on both and they both turn real similar times, giving the advantage to the busa though. Im glad I made the switch. Ride one if you can:beerchug:

To me, the Gen-II is a completely different motorcycle. They are so much the same but feel so MUCH different... :beerchug:

Chicks dig it, old people fear it, nine counties won't allow it and it raises you intelligence level 5 points on a standard Rorschach test! There is no down side to owning it!

You forgot about it adding 2" to a certain male member part! :laugh:

Shhh...if you say that there will be no bikes available for anyone to buy. It is the secret code of Busa-shido!

Can't compare to the G1 for you but i can compare to the 08 ZX-14. It will turn quite a bit better than your 14 did even though it feels a bit heavier standing still. It does have a sportier, refined feel to it compared to the 14. The 14 has a bit more savage get up and go at sane street rpm where you will notice it more often. The busa has a smoother running engine and smoother gearbox. The Hayabusa has more thought put into the design.

The busa has a smoother running engine and smoother gearbox. The Hayabusa has more thought put into the design.[/QUOTE]

??? dont know bout the gearbox, dont get me wrong the Gen II busa is a huge improvement, but the gearbox on the 14 is almost perfect to include the great clutch, to include the whole package...and to me and other 14/busa owners, weve all agreed, both are fast equally fast, its just how you get there, the 14 is more linear in pick up and builds picking up monster torque as it goes....the busa is raw from the get go....I compare it to a brand new vette and a blown yenko ..... there both fast...the vette is reserved untill you get on it, the yenko just bucks and burns through the tires from the get go....good observation though....each once has little thing that are great..but as far as appearance and build the gen II made a huge improvement and its trim is great, the 14 is just a little to bare and not refined in the appearance side.

Back