Thinking of Can Am Spyder...Diagnosed with vertigo

asub2006

Registered
Wondering if anyone on here have had any experience with the can am spyder...I was diagnose with vertigo and i dont think i want to get caught in a curve if/when it comes on....I have the 2009 busa 8000 miles

the spider will lean into a curve. id say a bike is probably no longer for you. the last thing u want is to have an imbalance episode while on a bike

Yeah I have a friend who has had bouts with vertigo and he can't even drive his truck when it acts up so I don't think a can am spyder will make much of a difference.

Never rode one but Vertigo is nothing to play around with My wife has bouts of it . I would definitely say that going from 2 to 3 wheels is the smart thing to do.

When they first came out, I wasn't impressed. Now that I've had a chance to think about it for a while, I feel the same way. If I couldn't ride on 2 wheels, I'd definitely look toward that sort of bike.
There are stages of vertigo that preclude even walking up or down stairs and rule out driving any sort of vehicle. I suffered from vertigo that was caused by a reaction to some medication, I couldn't have driven either, the pain was less of a problem than the vertigo. Good Luck.

My preference would be a restored 2 seater convertable. Old Porche, Corvette, Merc or something close.

Vertigo is a transient and infrequently permanent condition. Do your homework and read up. Don't carry out any impulsive reactions and see where it goes. It may not last long at all. Goodluck and Godspeed.

I rode a Can-Am spyder back in 08. It was a terrible vehicle to ride.
The steering is impossibly heavy, the rear tire will wash out from the crown of the road to the edge, requiring constant steering adjustment.
The traction/stability control cannot be turned off at all, so no fun dounts.

I feel for you, but you should try one before you buy one, then buy a nice convertible.

Yeah sorry for the absence been busy.... I am not going to pull the trigger just yet, but I do know im not ready to just give up something that truly relaxes me and I like.....

Wondering if anyone on here have had any experience with the can am spyder...I was diagnose with vertigo and i dont think i want to get caught in a curve if/when it comes on....I have the 2009 busa 8000 miles

How old are you?

Did your Dr. say it would get worse with time or stay the same. Are there treatments for this condition?
Have you noticed anything while riding your Busa?

Comes on? how often?

The Slingshot is new and I would rather have one of those over a Spyder.

How old are you?

Did your Dr. say it would get worse with time or stay the same. Are there treatments for this condition?
Have you noticed anything while riding your Busa?

Comes on? how often?

The Slingshot is new and I would rather have one of those over a Spyder.

37 yrs old...it only came on about 5 times ...I hwvent taken a chance on the busa yet..lol....its no medicine for it atleast for my kind which is BPPV...He said I could never have another episode or I could have

I'm surprised that if it only happened 5 times that your Dr. knows for sure what it is.
Did you fall down? Go to the hospital right after a bout of it?
Can you drive a car OK?
Is there any family history?

Did the Dr. say no riding or are you afraid (OK if you are) to ride any more?

Would exercise help? with balance? or is that got nothing to do with your condition?

Sorry for all the questions but I don't know anyone with your condition - Older people can have problems but not someone 37.

Hope they can find something more solid that will give you the ability to not have to worry about it coming on when you least expect it.

My wife has a 08 spyder which we're trying to sell now because she doesn't ride it at all and I like riding it the steering isn't bad I rode for 4 hrs from Kentucky to northern Indiana when I bought it no problems and u can turn the traction control off by removing the fuse for it we just put the dual two brothers carbon fiber exhaust on it and boy is it loud can't hear my brocks over it

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) Had a few bouts with it in the past...had full work up done (by ENT and Neuro) and no cause/cure pinpointed.

Back