Thinking of buying another Busa.

GMbusa

Even a caveman can do it.
Donating Member
Registered
Being without a Busa since mid-09' has let me reconsider some things. The two years(07-09) I had my turbo Busa were the worst years of motorcycling for me. One problem after another made me Burn out of bikes all together. I could've bought a stock bike but the thought of owning another Busa left a bad taste in my mouth. When you own a bike for 2 years and had only rode it a total of 2.5 months in that time because of constant problems, you start to hate it. Not to mention the money I spent. Trust me when I say that with turbos, the tuner makes or breaks your bike. First a kinked fuel line killed all 4 pistons on my stock engine and the second time was from the idiot builder/tuner only tuning it at 100% throttle opening. Right before the second engine let go I put in on a local friends dyno. At cruise speed/rpms the A?F was 16:8.1. Yes, that's not a typo. But by then the engine was on it's way out. The builder was recommended highly by some friends and that's why i went there. The whole time I just wanted something to hop on and ride.

Anyways I'm thinking of getting another Busa. I'm leaning toward a Gen2. First work has to pick up so I can get the down payment.

For those who don't know me, here's a couple pics of my bikes in the past. The orange busa and Tiger mouth paint work was done by me. The tiger mouth body is now owned by a guy in the carolina's and he painted the green black and kept the rest.

Copper1.jpg

Me at the dragon.jpg

Second-version.jpg

DSC08447.jpg

DSC08446.jpg

1busa

Registered
I would definitley get another busa if I was you. The time is right to purchase a leftover gen2 busa. With all the problems and hardships the suzuki company is having financially they are trying to move all their inventory. You can get a leftover busa @ a discount price with little to no money down and 0% apr finance for 5years. Can't beat it, brand new bike nothing to tinker or repair. Just ride and enjoy :beerchug:

piratediverjefff

Registered
Been that route myself and am way over it.Get a Gen II,put on a good pipe and do a few cosmetic changes/comfort mods and then leave it alone.:thumbsup:

Spkrdctr

Registered
Stock bikes will run for YEARS! Don't mess with it other than a slip on and you will be fine. It will be rock solid reliable. Good Luck, maybe wait and see what the 2014 bikes are like.

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schnite21