Thinking About Stretching....

Mikew777

Registered
I am thinking about stretching by using swing arm extensions.

I am thinking about 4-6 inches. I have my bike lowered front and rear 1.5 inches. I want to be able to get the rear back to that height after extending the rear. I have brocks window links that will get me lowered more but how many inches can i stretch without rubbing. I sometimes ride 2 up also.

where does the rear caliper mount after stretching?

With my ftd 7-9 extensions, the caliper locks in just like it does in the stock location. Now after I stretched it, 2 up was fine. But I tried lowering it 1 hole with links and the stick shock won't allow it. Rubbed bad with passenger.

With my ftd 7-9 extensions, the caliper locks in just like it does in the stock location. Now after I stretched it, 2 up was fine. But I tried lowering it 1 hole with links and the stick shock won't allow it. Rubbed bad with passenger.

so how much is yours lowered?

IMG_4585.PNG
The front is strapped, not sure on the actual inches. The rear has a 3 hole lowering link, and this is 1 hole

if u value ur life u won't use extensions.... yea I know everyone uses them and has no issues..... BS! spend the money and buy a swingarm! those fukn things are death traps!

If you value your life you won't use extensions . . . .

Yea I know everyone uses them and has no issues . . . . .

BS !

Spend the money and buy a swing arm !

Those freaking things are death traps !

The Hayabusa has been around for many years & there isn't much new about them ~ Just go with a good 4" over cheater arm & be done with it brother . . .

rolling%20with%20Old%20Jeff%202_zpszjn36qpo.jpg

Feel FREE to follow along @ www.Instagram.com/RocketRedC . . .

These ftd Extensions are good to 300hp but now are death traps? Someone care to explain before blurting out some crap like that?

with 4 inches will i be able to lower and still ride 2 up?

No problem bro,I'm at 4" over,lowered 1.5" in the front and about 3" in the rear(weigh 255 lbs.),and have transported mama(about 140 lbs.)several times since I added the arm.Had to crank the shock spring down quite a bit so as not to rub but it seems fine(just stick a piece of masking tape up under the taillight area and set the ride height by cranking down on the shock spring and trying it a few times until the tire no longer rubs the tape).

Busa%202-26-2016%20002_zpspdjeic6o.jpg

Evil%20Swingarm%202-20-2016%20010_zpshmph565s.jpg

No offense but I also ago with GNBRETT heard many bad things about the extension. I believe I asked on here also about them before purchasing my arm and got the same replies so then I started asking. I purchased a Thompson cycle arm package it was like $675 came with arm, chain and extended brake line. Do it right the first time bro!! I'm 7 1/2 out and love it

IMG_0388.PNG

I am thinking about stretching by using swing arm extensions.

I am thinking about 4-6 inches. I have my bike lowered front and rear 1.5 inches. I want to be able to get the rear back to that height after extending the rear. I have brocks window links that will get me lowered more but how many inches can i stretch without rubbing. I sometimes ride 2 up also.

where does the rear caliper mount after stretching?
With most extensions it has a section machined into the extension for the caliper bracket a word of advice when and if you do make sure that the new longer chain is specifically for a hayabusa cause when i did mine i got a new longer chain from cycle gear and even though it was the rught size it was for a smaller displacement motor and you dont even want to know the poop storm that caused to say the least im about 2500 into the fix from that

Back