Thinking about sellin the ole girl....

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I never get to ride any more and she is just taking up space in the garage.. I have put a lot of thought into just letting her go to a good home. Life is short but also very busy, I wonder if I have just come to a point in my life where I need to give up riding for a few years?

Anyone else having thoughts like this?

Cap

Sounds like the decision has already been made. Sell her and take a break if you need. I took a few years off. Came back and ready to take another couple years off.

I have taken a break from riding in the past. I almost killed myself with my VMAX ran off the road at 90+ mph, 3 weeks later my Dad passed away and 2 weeks after that my best friend from childhood was killed while riding his Ducati. I didnt street ride for over a year I just drag raced on street nights. 2 years later I got the itch back and bought the Busa

Uh oh, tell you what. Lets sit down next Monday evening and talk about it.

I'm really not sure how to take this Cap, I'm confused and don't know what to say and thinking in a couple of days you'll say "GOTCHA"

I think you should scope out a road you like and just take a relaxing no frills ride, kinda like your test riding the bike to see if you wanna buy it, then if you still feel the same maybe just park it for a week or so and take another ride dream of those days you went out with the crew. I got no words. I don't really know what to say.

I'm sorry to see you give up your busa. Good Luck in what ever decision you make we are all here for you no matter what you decide. Hugs to ya. :please:

It has gone through my mind. Especially when I had the accident. After getting the bike running again, coming home from work a guy got too close. I was nervous about taking a curve that I normally take. I took a 100 mile ride, opened the throttle and it all started coming back. Took a few curves and was happy. I knew I was back when coming home from another 100 mile ride leading traffic I decided to back off. 1/4 mile up the road was a LEO shooting radar. I was at the limit and kept on rolling.

I love riding and dread the day that I have to give it up. Hopefully it is because of old age or they are too fast for an old codger, and will refuse to sell one to me. :moon:

I love to ride, its been a crazy hot summer and I really just havent had time..

It probably doesn't help much, but between all of my trips and personnal business, I only logged 1k miles this year. Been too hot anyway. I have always liked the fall better. I have always had a bike and most likely always will. If you sell you sell, if you don't you don't. Life is bigger than that. Don't worry too much and just do what is right for you and yours.

I have sold a couple of bikes over the years because I felt like I needed time off. At this point, I wish I had kept them and just took the time off.

She has served you well from what I've seen...

Sell it.
Then you have a legitimate reason to buy a new bike, whenever that time comes.

Well Doug.....................Don't do it !!!

Although I like my Buell.................It's not a Busa.

I also have NO Time to ride now days and it's been really Hot here in CA. If I had to do it all again I would have sold the M109 and kept the Buell and the Busa. :banghead:

Maybee you need a New Road to ride on or some new friends. I miss the good old days when Rob(OZZ) and Gene(Vmax-To-Busa) and Doyle(Raydog) and Russ(Pardini) would ride together. Since then it's just not the same :(

Whatever you do Doug.......................You will still be our Captian !!!

Robert

Sometimes you need a break, I would wait til beginning of next riding season before you do anything drastic plus you will get a better price as that seems to be the time the guys that sold the bikes the year before are looking for something to ride.

I don't ride alot like I used to but it sure is nice to have the option when I want to

You know Capt I sold my Bandit because i didn't ride her anymore after i got the Busa. I had a ton of hours and money in that bike - full exhaut, Racetech Fork mod, Works Performance custom shock, All sorts of electronics, Scotts stabilizer, Givi saddle bags, and the list goes on. One day I came home from riding the Busa and I looked at it for awhile. Then I noticed the chain was rusted! I can't explain how hard that hit me. As much as I loved that bike I had let that happen to her, she needed a new home. I sold her 2 weeks later to a guys who I knew on the boards. He was really excited about the bike as he should have been. I gave him a crazy price because I knew how much he had admired the bike from my mod posts. I was sure he loved the bike and would not just part it out on ebay. I even bought a new chain for it before i saw her off on his truck.

I have always regretted selling that bike. The guy put lots of miles on it and he and his wife love to do weekend trips on her. I followed her for about 3 years before I finally stopped thinking about where that bike was and if it was still in top shape. If you don't have the time, you should make it. Maybe ride her less, but keep that time for you and her - it's a balance we all need against the pressures and demands of the adult world. If you are thinking about something else, well we all change and to that I say hats off to you and your next adventure.:beerchug:

I love to ride, its been a crazy hot summer and I really just havent had time..

It will change for ya Cap, then you will miss it if you sell it. Keep it. I have ALWAYS regretted selling any one of my three Busas.

TS.

Dam, Arch ya bought a tear to my eye.

You know Capt I sold my Bandit because i didn't ride her anymore after i got the Busa. I had a ton of hours and money in that bike - full exhaut, Racetech Fork mod, Works Performance custom shock, All sorts of electronics, Scotts stabilizer, Givi saddle bags, and the list goes on. One day I came home from riding the Busa and I looked at it for awhile. Then I noticed the chain was rusted! I can't explain how hard that hit me. As much as I loved that bike I had let that happen to her, she needed a new home. I sold her 2 weeks later to a guys who I knew on the boards. He was really excited about the bike as he should have been. I gave him a crazy price because I knew how much he had admired the bike from my mod posts. I was sure he loved the bike and would not just part it out on ebay. I even bought a new chain for it before i saw her off on his truck.

I have always regretted selling that bike. The guy put lots of miles on it and he and his wife love to do weekend trips on her. I followed her for about 3 years before I finally stopped thinking about where that bike was and if it was still in top shape. If you don't have the time, you should make it. Maybe ride her less, but keep that time for you and her - it's a balance we all need against the pressures and demands of the adult world. If you are thinking about something else, well we all change and to that I say hats off to you and your next adventure.:beerchug:

Back