Thinking about letting my Busa go....

gaeducator

Registered
My wife purchased me a Brand new Busa for my 40th birthday and I was ecstatic. Now I have gotten over the excitiement and might let her go. I am weighing my options. It is a 2008 Black/grey Busa with 600 miles on it. As you can see it is logging more garage hours than miles. It was purchased new in April of 2008. No mods, but would like to sale for at least $8800. Does that seem like a fair price? Any thoughts?

My wife purchased me a Brand new Busa for my 40th birthday and I was ecstatic. Now I have gotten over the excitiement and might let her go. I am weighing my options. It is a 2008 Black/grey Busa with 600 miles on it. As you can see it is logging more garage hours than miles. It was purchased new in April of 2008. No mods, but would like to sale for at least $8800. Does that seem like a fair price? Any thoughts?

Sorry to hear about that... $8800 sounds a bit high. You can start there and see where it goes.

I've had similar thoughts... the "new" wore off my '09 the first time I dropped her in the garage after only 5 days of ownership. She is still as much (or more) of a thrill to ride, though, and I get a wild grin every time I take her out.

You sure you don't just need some saddle time?

Honestly, the hardest thing about owning the Busa is that raping I take when the insurance bill comes every month. That is the single reason I may very well eventually part with the bike. $170 a month for insurance far outweighs any savings I might have had compared to driving a four-wheeled vehicle. Add the Busa payment, and I'm shelling out over $300 a month simply to keep the bike in my garage.

Mike

Last edited:
I may need more saddle time but the thought of having the money in my pocket is weighing on my mind. Luckily mine is paid off and my insurance is only $35 a month. Promised my daughter a car and may use money from sale for that. kinda useless to have a bike sitting in garage. 600 miles over 30 months is about 20 mile per month or 300 per year.

Its a shame that your wife made the birthday purchase for you and you've seemed to lost the drive to ride. You must have loved it at one time or she wouldn't have bought it for you..thats quite the gift :beerchug: It does sound like you just need more saddle time. Maybe join a sportbike club, meet some new riding buds and get some saddle time AT the same time? And maybe just take the bike instead of the car for little errands when the weather allows? The more you ride it the more you'll enjoy it I think. I've been in that situation myself before, but I kept the bikes knowing I'd regret selling them :laugh:

I may need more saddle time but the thought of having the money in my pocket is weighing on my mind. Luckily mine is paid off and my insurance is only $35 a month. Promised my daughter a car and may use money from sale for that. kinda useless to have a bike sitting in garage. 600 miles over 30 months is about 20 mile per month or 300 per year.

Np time to ride??? Whatever works though if you not into motorcycle riding might as well move on

If you are no longer getting any use out of the bike, then sell it and buy your daughter a car. IMHO, $8800 for a BARELY broken in Gen II is not bad.

I think 8,800 is a far price and if you go with State farm insurance you will save money on insurance...if you keep it.

Post up some pics. I may be interested. My 03 was stolen last Thursday and I am looking for a replacement
Posted via Mobile Device

600 miles on a bike like this in over 2 years?

Yeah it's time to sell it.

I imagine there will be a time when I am too old to ride. All passion will leave me and I will pray for the sweet, blessed release of death.

Like you, when that time comes I will sell my busa too.

Wow Doc, I almost felt a lump in my throat reading that. If that doesn't motivate someone to ride while they have the life to do it, I don't know what will :beerchug:

learn from others mistake, never sell a bike that was a gift from your better half, i made that mistake 19 months ago, got a new bike 8 months after I sold it, and always regreted selling the gift, LUCKILY I was able 2 buy it back and since I appreciated even more, and I haven't rode it since I got it...
then let your wife now how much she is appeciated....for spoiling you:bowdown::bowdown:

8800 for a 2008 that is flawless amd has 600 miles, you will get that if you have time if you want to sell it in a week nope but in a month or so heck ya. I bought my 2008 with 1035 miles on her with extras for only 8400 in august of this year

I was just talking to a guy here at work whos considering buying a used 08 if I see him I'll ask how serious he is and advise....good luck with your decision though...

Only 600 miles in two years, you really have not experienced what the Busa has to offer.

If the dealer prices went up to $20,000 and mine got stolen tomorrow, I will be replacing it and will have to just find the funds somewhere.

u know i have extra garage space if you want to keep her at my place...just a thought....:whistle:

Sell it to someone that will enjoy it. It's going to waste now. When you want to ride, tap a buddy on the shoulder and ride your 20mi a month that way.

If you sell the idea to your wife as "I'm selling it to buy our daughter a car" she can't get made. She'd probably be impressed at the selflessness of the act.

But I'd sell it. Someone in GA will ride that thing 600mi a week. When I lived there, some of those guys racked up some CRAZY miles on their bikes.

Put it at 8800 and expect around 8000 in a quick sale. Cold weather is coming.

My wife "gave" me a boat for Christmas one year. (She also gave me the payment book).
Anyhow, I will NEVER sell that darned boat. It sits unused on our boatlift as a constant reminder of a gift made without prior consultation. But, it's paid for, and insurance and upkeep are minimal, so I keep it out of respect for her. Maybe I'm just stubborn.

CW

Back