Thinking about getting this 2005 Hayabusa, thoughts?

Kevin_H

Registered
Hello, right now I have a 97 Blackbird and I want to step up to a quicker bike. I want a bike I can daily drive and still take to the track and potentially run 9's and into the mid 6's in the 1/8. I found this 2005 at a dealer for $6999, Its got 9000 miles, metallic grey, polished frame/swingarm, welded 9in over swingarm, full yoshi, chrome wheels, custom top triple clamp, custom levers/side stand and probably a few other things. Now the negatives, It apears to not have rear turn signals, and one of the front brakes were deleted(I guess this would be good for drag) those two in theory should be simple cheap fixes. I would change a few visual thing to suit me like delete the vent grilles on the farings, put a smoked windscreen and a seat cowl. On friday I'm going to take my Bird out to see if I can make a deal. What you guys think? Do you see anything inherently wrong with this bike?

VP2994657_2_large.jpg

VP2994657_3_large.jpg

VP2994657_5_large.jpg

VP2994657_8_large.jpg

She looks good from the pics, I'm guessin it was a main st cruiser from the setup and accessories.
Now for the price, us couldn't build that bike for that money, posts of pricey bits and the chrome wheels, so if ya like it and you can make a trade work, go for it. BUT, a Gen2 can be had for about a grand more. The 2nd gen is a better bike, just as the Gen1 is better than your current Bird, no offense meant, just evolution. I'd remind the dealer that a Gen2 can be had at a similar price point and try to leverage him a bit.

I don't think you'll go wrong with that bike tho, just my :02. :thumbsup:

I recently bought a 05 busa for 6500... The bike was in mint condition and bunch of accessories and 14k miles on it.. got a matching Suzuki jacket, 2 helmets, 2 bike stands and bike cover addition to that...
The bike you are looking at is looks good in pictures but make sure for that price you don't have to spend money fixing things... Check sprockets, chain, tires, brake pads, leaks, fork seals etc ... Etc... I ain't cheap replacing or fixing things after...
Good luck.

The price seems a bit high to me. It's not cheap to replace a front rotor and caliper, brakelines, and I don't know where you live, but running without rear turn signals is illegal here. You don't know how easy it will be to replace them... what if the wiring is messed up? And, as has already been mentioned, a Gen2 is about $1k more.

Cool guys! so basically look for basic maintenance stuff, and seals/leaks.. As for the price, Here in Dallas this is basically the cheapest clean titled Busa in the dealer market, Gen I's of all years list for $7-9k and Gen II's 8-10k. Now I know there can be some great deals private, but not many right now and the cheap ones don't look clean. And I would have to try to sell my bike out right(no luck so far)If I got another bike I would have to spend another ~$500 to lower and stretch it any ways. But we shall see keeping fingers crossed I can make a good deal:laugh::please:

The price seems a bit high to me. It's not cheap to replace a front rotor and caliper, brakelines, and I don't know where you live, but running without rear turn signals is illegal here. You don't know how easy it will be to replace them... what if the wiring is messed up? And, as has already been mentioned, a Gen2 is about $1k more.

I wouldn't want a bike with out signals, I would see if the dealer would fix that (Can they even sell a bike that wont pass inspection?) , and the brake I've seen used front brake take offs on ebay fairly cheap.. and the price I'd negotiate these negatives.

Cool guys! so basically look for basic maintenance stuff, and seals/leaks.. As for the price, Here in Dallas this is basically the cheapest clean titled Busa in the dealer market, Gen I's of all years list for $7-9k and Gen II's 8-10k. Now I know there can be some great deals private, but not many right now and the cheap ones don't look clean. And I would have to try to sell my bike out right(no luck so far)If I got another bike I would have to spend another ~$500 to lower and stretch it any ways. But we shall see keeping fingers crossed I can make a good deal:laugh::please:

i don't see a seat cowl in the pictures, make sure ask if they have it.. if not maybe negotiate on the price to get you one!! bike looks alot better with the passenger seat cowl.

price seems a little high even considering the extra's, if you have cash in hand a better deal maybe close by. As posted above a little more bred and you can get a Gen 2 which is better bike if you are not bothered by the tail section on it :whistle: :laugh:

:hide:

Back