Thinking about getting the Airtech +6 street tail

Looking good! I have to wait a month for them to send me my tail so in the mean time I'm going to paint and airbrush my new cowling

I just got the bike all together but its running rough( needs a tune up BAD ) . So its going to Goldenchild fo a full tune ! I promise to get all the pics up soon !!

20130909_175105[1].jpg

Airtech is slow at getting you your stuff and emails don't work . I got to call them because the light bracket is the wrong one . they sent me one for a stock tail section

when you do go to put it on remeember that I posted how tothreads for the tail and tiger tail . I alos have a template that I can send you for the tiger tail. I left i section that sticks out on mine because I'm not sure where I want to cut it off for the licnese plate

when you do go to put it on remeember that I posted how tothreads for the tail and tiger tail . I alos have a template that I can send you for the tiger tail. I left i section that sticks out on mine because I'm not sure where I want to cut it off for the licnese plate

I have an 08. I don't know if the templet would be the same but thanks. I ordered the tail on the 28th of August and they told me 4 weeks . It's going on two months almost! I've called three times and they always give me some lame explanation. They was quick to take my money out of my account though

After searching around and doing research of tail section lengths versus swingarm lengths I came to a simple ratio for getting the "Look". Buy a tail that is 2" shorther than the stretch of your swingarm. Hence, if your extended 8", use a 6" tail.
If you want the overhang look like a stock Busa, then run the same length tail as your stretch.

This is what I consider "The look". Notice the tail isnt hanging way over the tire or further. It has a nice balance of not too much or too little.
If you take your time drilling the holes and lining everything up correctly, there shouldn't be any issues at all. You have to space the lock for the seat/hump and I've noticed that most of the time, the hump won't line up "perfect" but it's never bothered me...

delta051613_0001copy_zpsa5992d87.jpg

Ok my tail should be shipped tomorrow and they don't make a tail light bracket for the 08 and up which I think is pretty stupid.

This is what I consider "The look". Notice the tail isnt hanging way over the tire or further. It has a nice balance of not too much or too little.

Thanks for the props! That's exactly what I was shooting for when it did the stretched tail/long arm

Ok my tail should be shipped tomorrow and they don't make a tail light bracket for the 08 and up which I think is pretty stupid.

You have to get creative. Make sure to keep the 2 brackets that are bolted directly to the tail light. Then you can go to a local hardware store and snag some 90 brackets and plastic/fiberglass bond them to the inside of the tail. I forget the exact brand that someone here recommended to me but it worked perfect and it strong as could be. Make sure you "rough up" the section of fiberglass where you apply the bond to so it adheres better also

You have to get creative. Make sure to keep the 2 brackets that are bolted directly to the tail light. Then you can go to a local hardware store and snag some 90 brackets and plastic/fiberglass bond them to the inside of the tail. I forget the exact brand that someone here recommended to me but it worked perfect and it strong as could be. Make sure you "rough up" the section of fiberglass where you apply the bond to so it adheres better also

How did u go about cutting out the holes perfect? Also I bought the intergraded tail light with the turn signal but it didn't come with instructions. It has to transistors where exactly do they go?

Back