Thinking about getting the Airtech +6 street tail

coreywiley

Registered
Ok my bike is way to long for my taste so I was thinking about getting the Airtech +6 street tail. I've read some post on here and it seems like its allot of trouble trying to mount the thing. I would hate to spend all that money can't mount it

image.jpg

I had a +6 plus others here do too, I didn't have that hard of a time. Had to use a extra spacer under one side on the rear mount to straighten it out a touch. No biggie.

If you take your time drilling the holes and lining everything up correctly, there shouldn't be any issues at all. You have to space the lock for the seat/hump and I've noticed that most of the time, the hump won't line up "perfect" but it's never bothered me...

delta051613_0001copy_zpsa5992d87.jpg

I'll be mounting mine the first week in July . I'm nervous about lining up the damn hump too.

I got mine and will be mounting it in July when I get back from vacation . I'm worried about lining up the hump too. Gonna let Goldenchild mount the airtech slammed tank for me .

If you take your time drilling the holes and lining everything up correctly, there shouldn't be any issues at all. You have to space the lock for the seat/hump and I've noticed that most of the time, the hump won't line up "perfect" but it's never bothered me...

delta051613_0001copy_zpsa5992d87.jpg

Beast mode. I'm jealous

I got mine and will be mounting it in July when I get back from vacation . I'm worried about lining up the hump too. Gonna let Goldenchild mount the airtech slammed tank for me .
are you planning on running pump gas in that slammed tank?

Like Justin said, the hump will have to be spaced. I forgot about that. It's not hard, just take your time and you will do fine!

Can I get a list of the things that I have to buy in order to get everything working? What about an undertail?

As u can see my swingarm is way to long. Even for me!

image.jpg

Make sure you did like Justin did and NOT use the Frankenstein bolts.

They tend to crack in that area

Totally forgot to mention that! My tail literally only uses 4 fasteners. The 2 allen bolts on top/back and then the 2 screws on the sides by the frame and my tail is completely solid on the bike. I think I have pictures of how I mounted my tail light on here too

I'd like to see the light mount on yours. I got the piece that Airtech has to mount it . You just have to glass in on. I got the extended tiger tail for mine .

Justin you didn't use the holes on the sides next to the seat ? Just the 2 under the hump and 2 next to the frame huh?

Justin you didn't use the holes on the sides next to the seat ? Just the 2 under the hump and 2 next to the frame huh?

If you're talking about the ones on the front/side of the tail underneath the driver seat/close to the frame, then yes those are the ones I'm talking about. You can see the RH side in my picture

Let me first say thank you all for all the good info. I'm sure I'm going to have allot of questions for u all should I take on this project. If I do I will be getting an undertail from tiger racing. Which one is the one to purchase?

image.jpg

Let me first say thank you all for all the good info. I'm sure I'm going to have allot of questions for u all should I take on this project. If I do I will be getting an undertail from tiger racing. Which one is the one to purchase?

the TT-138 ext is the extended one for gen 2 and you can get the sidepieces TTP-138. the extended tail is longer for extended tail sections like the +6 from Airtech. If you are using it when you put it on you have to trim it on the tail light end . Its the one I got for mine . I will post pics in a couple weeks when I get back from Vacation.

Just curious to what's the side pieces for (ttp-138)? Also will I be able to still put my air ride air tank and pump in the light pods?

at what stretch lengths is a tail like this needed to even out the looks? Longer than 6"? What if putting a gen 2 tail on a gen 1 can this stilll be done?

Back