WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
A very very nice one, whaddyathink?
Cad2.jpg
Cad6.jpg
Cad13.jpg
Cad11.jpg

nice , but better choices out there . GM has to many issues . FYI my forum name c10 derives from a GM product so I use to love the brand :(

I wouldn't own one if they gave it to me for half the price. I do a lot of small mechanical work on friends vehicles to help them save on repair costs and the Cadillacs(cts, escalade and srx) are the worst I've seen. Oil leaks, timing belt/chain issues, bulbs that burn and dealers want $500 dollars to repair, Bad engine mounts that cost hundreds, paint that looks like it "boils" or bubbles up in the Florida heat, the escalade's steering column "grabbed" the wire harness that runs next to it and ripped several wires, etc. I was able to talk my SRX friend to sell the piece of junk and get something else. He traded it on a new accord and loves it. My friend with the CTS has been banded from my driveway. Lol!!! Too many leaks at barely 100k miles and I told him I'm not touching it anymore. The one with escalade sold at a loss and bought an infinity and is happy too. They look great and drive good, but I keep my vehicles for years and want something that will last.

Well, this is certainly no Escalade, it's an STS-V and believe it or not it's ten years old! I have a C6 Corvette roadster that's also ten years old and I'd drive it (and do) anywhere.

Sounds like you made your choice .
Point is its GM . Good luck and hope its not a Friday model .
Just a FYI my 2014 chevy express was deliverd new to me with no emergency brake cables or interior pedal assembly. Hows that Quality control lol. My 2012 Z71 had a out of square rear axle housing causing a leak at axle seal . took 7 seal replacements in 12000 miles before they replaced the entire rear end .

I'm a Chevy man, always have been. I wouldn't own a Cattletrap if it were the last car on the planet..!!!
Take that money and buy yourself a quality car somewhere. Do your due dilligence, there's some good ones on the market.
Also, if you leave a Caddy parked in your driveway, it's like a neon sign saying "come and rob me"..!!!
BB

I'm a Chevy man, always have been. I wouldn't own a Cattletrap if it were the last car on the planet..!!!
Take that money and buy yourself a quality car somewhere. Do your due dilligence, there's some good ones on the market.
Also, if you leave a Caddy parked in your driveway, it's like a neon sign saying "come and rob me"..!!!
BB
This made me laugh. My friend's CTS was stolen and then recovered a week later, but I never thought they were known for being stolen as often as you make it sound. That's interesting. I wonder if they are just easy to break into.

I have an 06 cts-v.
Granted all cars have some issues but I've never really liked the north star engine.
But then again maybe it was the owners fault

I wonder why GM put different motors in the CTS and STS models. One is a 32 valve twin cam and the other, a traditional pushrod LS2 Vette motor. Both put out nearly identical torque and horsepower.

I wonder why GM put different motors in the CTS and STS models. One is a 32 valve twin cam and the other, a traditional pushrod LS2 Vette motor. Both put out nearly identical torque and horsepower.
They booth come in a V model and a non V model. I had one it gave me no problems but was the worst in the snow. Now i rock X Drive

I have owned 4 cadillacs. Own 2 now. Love the v series. 06 cts had bugs worked out. 03 and 04 was a mess.

I have owned 4 cadillacs. Own 2 now. Love the v series. 06 cts had bugs worked out. 03 and 04 was a mess.

I've owned a coule too. This one's an STSV with the supercharged Northstar motor. The only mod to it is a cold air intake with a K&N filter and tune. He also just put new Michelins on it. We haven't agreed on a price yet. One problem is that its 1,600 miles away. If it doesn't sell this month he'll likely accept my offer...if I still want it in a month.

He agreed to my final offer and I bought it Tuesday. Gonna make a holiday out of the trip and I'm already past Cheyenne on my way to Glacier NP. In Great Falls MT tonight. Should be crossing the GTTSR by noon Friday. Haven't decided which route to take home yet on Sat or Sun. Gonna be strange doing this in a car. But, I did a tour something like this right after I got my Vette too so...Anyway, the Caddy was better than expected. Shows AS new and it's TEN years old! Crossed the NW corner of TX and the NE corner of NM and all of CO to Sheridan WY the first night. Did I mention it has a supercharger? Did a lil shopping in Pueblo. Crossed WY and a couple hundred into MT today. Eddie Hill the retired champion top fuel drag racer owned it. When his wife bought him a twin turbo SL AMG roadster for his 80th birthday he decided to sell the 'family' car, my new Caddy. Man it's a sweet car and Eddie is a class A gentleman. The 15 speaker Dolby Bose system is brilliant BTW. I almost forgot...the whine of the supercharger gives me a......:woot:

Here's the guy. I was at Sonoma when this crash happened.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Hill

Going slightly off topic here, but now they're using the 6.2 engine in a marine outboard.Never heard of it until last week when I saw a pair of them on a boat in the harbor where I work,bad ass for sure(available in 557 hp and 627 hp).:D

Last edited:
Thanks for the 'likes' guys. Did I mention it's Supercharged?:thumbsup: It absolutely hauls azz! No foolin. It's has a Spectre cold air intake and a huge K&N type air filter also by Spectre. I drove thru NW TX, NE NM, all of CO, all of WY and most of MT, then ID and WA, all of OR and back into NorCal. About 3,000 miles thru nine states in five days. Helluva trip with nine saves with my V1....man, is it ever worth it!

Back