Thinking about getting back on a busa... its been 6 years

camaroguy72

Registered
Greetings all. I haven't been around since I destroyed my bike and myself back on 5/5/07. ~6 years later after riding my trusty 01 zx6r and healing up for the most part, i had a realization last week that it's time for a big boy bike again (i'm 6'2" 300 lbs).

Debating gen 1 vs gen 2 busa. I briefly looked at the zx14 but not into the looks, at all. Also debating a liter bike (gsxr 1000 or cbr1000). Literbikes are on the back burner, they are smaller than my zx6r... but still in the running.

My previous bike was an 05 hayabusa. I wrecked it in a corner. Any comparison on dragging hard parts and twisty riding between the gen 1 and gen 2? Is the ride position on either one more sporty than the other? I'm going to get out and try and ride the gen 2 since I havent touched one of those yet... my 05 had raising links in the rear and hmf high mounts. had stock rearsets and handlebars... which i wouldn't plan to change.

Looking for some feedback on the cornering abilities here. Thanks!

-Rob

The gen 2 has better brakes and suspension, more power and looks could go either way depending on your preferences. Riding position seems identical to me.

Ohh, and with an aftermarket exhaust it is a lot lighter so all around the gen 2 corners better.

feedback on the cornering abilities here. Thanks!

-Rob

Same frame, ergos, body position, but just all around better & smoother. Get the Gen-II.

6723830335_0f49bcb9f9_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have owned both an 05 and now an 09. The Gen II does have more power and is smoother, but I dont notice a difference in corning ability, the 05 was just as nimble as my 09 in my opinion.

I have owned both an 05 and now an 09. The Gen II does have more power and is smoother, but I dont notice a difference in corning ability, the 05 was just as nimble as my 09 in my opinion.

It could just be that I have the suspension on my gen 2 set up better but I respectfully disagree sir (although my gen1 was no slouch in the corners either)...

I thought the Gen1 has a shorter wheelbase and is lighter than a Gen2? Wouldn't that play a factor in handling and turning capabilities? As far as scraping hard parts goes a pair of aftermarket rear sets might help :beerchug:

Maybe 5 pounds and I dropped 37 pounds adding a 4 into 1. Those exhaust cans and cats are heavy. The suspension was changed, the front end is much healthier.

Back