thinking about getting a new busa..

sniperm

Registered
hi guys.. im thinking about getting a new busa.. i used to ride a r6 and a r1.. but i will not be going to the MT...b/c of my new job..

i live in atlanta GA, and i went to my local dealer and did the credit check and everything... they said no down with 20.99%.. and asked $11600.(not sure if this is out the door or with out tax..) but seems to be little high.. also, he said only the blue and the black and orange..

where can i find a better deal?? anybody here that lives in GA?

ive been a busa fan for many years.. but never pulled the triger..

everybody says its too big for me.. but i think i can handle it..

Well it seems people are getting them between 10,600 to arouund 11,800 otd. I got mine this Tuesday for 11,500 out the door (TTL included). I got the black and orange one, that was the color I wanted. Some bozo ran into it tonight and scratched it, pretty pissed!! Anyhow, if it is out the door with TTL I would say it is a good deal, if not, get them to go lower. Also, that interest rate is insane!! I got 4.88% from my credit union, I would shop around for a better interest rate. Good Luck!

Let me guess, they want to take the loan out to 6 years
sadnews.gif

Do you realize that is equivalent to default credit card interest rates... $20,492.00 is what the bike will cost you in 6 years.

I would get some money to put down and work on your credit rating... Once you ride that bike off the lot it is worth no more than $9,000.00 on trade the very same day. If you don't believe me, ask another dealer what they will give you on trade for a day old bike.

You have something worth $9,000.00 the day you buy it and owe $20,492.00. Should the bike get totaled after 12 months of riding, you still have $17,077.00 left in payments and the insurance company "Might" give you $7,000 for it. In the sales industry, that's call being "Upside down" $10,000.00.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but someone needs to tell you this.

20.99%?!? Do you ever get those 0% credit cards in the mail? If you do, save a few and depending on your credit, get the bike, then transfer the balance to one or two of those cards. Once the 0% time has run out, the interest rate is waaaaayy better than 21%. Even then you coldn't just transfer the balance again to another 0%.

I think I get a 0% preapproved card in the mail every other day, seriously. Thats just an option you could look into.

Also, go somewhere else, That dealership is a little high. Even if you have to drive 100miles, its worth it if the deal is good enough. Call around.

Oh yeah, I got mine for $10,200 OTD when I got my Busa and my ZX14.

Let me guess, they want to take the loan out to 6 years
sadnews.gif

Do you realize that is equivalent to default credit card interest rates... $20,492.00 is what the bike will cost you in 6 years.

I would get some money to put down and work on your credit rating... Once you ride that bike off the lot it is worth no more than $9,000.00 on trade the very same day. If you don't believe me, ask another dealer what they will give you on trade for a day old bike.

You have something worth $9,000.00 the day you buy it and owe $20,492.00. Should the bike get totaled after 12 months of riding, you still have $17,077.00 left in payments and the insurance company "Might" give you $7,000 for it. In the sales industry, that's call being "Upside down" $10,000.00.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but someone needs to tell you this.
+1 Yup, that's the way it is. Only shop OTD price, use your credit union by all means.

"Those who understand interest collect it. Those who do not understand interest pay it." This quote has been attributed to and claimed by many. I have no idea who said it but he or she was a super smart individual. And probably quite wealthy, if they followed their own mantra.

If you are buying real estate, interest CAN enhance your ability to do some good with your cash. If you pay interest on your personal transportation so you can get back and forth to work, that interest is probably justifiable too. Education, about the same. It all depends, of course.

If you pay interest for entertainment or wants (vs. needs) or luxuries, that's just silly. Some people will justify buying the Busa on time with the delusion that they need the transportation to get back and forth to school or work. But you can buy a brand new Hyundai with $99/mo pmts and pay a total of $8,999 and your insurance is far less money, too.

Dude, save your money and pay for all or most of it in cash. At the VERY least, shop around for a much better interest rate that isn't going to double the cost of your bike. That's just giving money away.

--Wag--

From the sounds of things, you should get an insurance quote before you do anything else. That usually eliminates the BUSA for a lot of new riders when they have to pay more for insurance than the payment. If you get liability coverage I don't feel sorry for you...

is insurance that expensive for a busa? could be?

my credit is around 650.. history 10 years no late payments..it just i have too much debt..(2 houses, 2 cars, like 8 credit cards..)

i was suprised when he said 20.99% even when i financed my r6 i had like 3.9% and the r1.

how much do u guys pay for insurance? i used to pay $36 a month on the r1 and $30 on the r6..

def im going to shop around.. thanx guys!

is insurance that expensive for a busa? could be?

my credit is around 650.. history 10 years no late payments..it just i have too much debt..(2 houses, 2 cars, like 8 credit cards..)

i was suprised when he said 20.99% even when i financed my r6 i had like 3.9% and the r1.

how much do u guys pay for insurance? i used to pay $36 a month on the r1 and $30 on the r6..

def im going to shop around.. thanx guys!
Go through your local credit union like others said. If you have a 650 credit score you should be around 8-9%. I got a 5.25% with a 740 credit score.

My insurance is $288.00 a year/full coverage.

Tell the guy who offered 20.99% to go fluck himself!

I picked my 08 up in Bartelsville,OK for 10,399. Went through my bank on the loan at 5 percent and used State Farm for the insurance and pay 26 a month for full coverage. Hell Im only 23 but I am married.

Back