Thinking about extending

mikeled86

SHOT TIME RIP D.A.M
Donating Member
Registered
I am wondering if anyone has used swingarm extensions or has any used these kinda leary about the price though.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-GSXR-1300-HAYABUSA-SWING-ARM-EXTENSIONS-SAX01_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQihZ
024QQitemZ370068015292QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">forgot linky</a>

there will be opinions going both ways on those.
i have seen them run on bikes around here with no problems.
they look strong and good made, there was a set on here for sale last week. look back on the for sale section

Now, how do you attach these to the swing arm? Welding? So this is a cheaper version of buying an extended swing arm?

Now, how do you attach these to the swing arm? Welding? So this is a cheaper version of buying an extended swing arm?
yeap the cheaper way, theres two bolts usually that go threw the orginal swing arm hole with big plates on the back side they go in to lock them into place

you can weld them for added security. which alot of exteneded swingarms are done this way.

there will be opinions going both ways on those.
i have seen them run on bikes around here with no problems.
they look strong and good made, there was a set on here for sale last week. look back on the for sale section
Agreed. I too run the same ones, and you will get a mixed bag.

They bolt on the inside like so.

DSC07512Large.jpg

A member here makes a version that bolts all the way through, I believe he is Gixxer or something like that.

I've heard more people say they are fine than those that don't like em'. Those are exactly the ones I've been wanting to buy.

I've heard more people say they are fine than those that don't like em'. Those are exactly the ones I've been wanting to buy.
I am more worried about the safety issue with bolt ups I am planning on getting the black ones I seen the regular alum. (not the polished) ones in person and don't care for the look but i think that the black ones will look a lot better with what i am trying to do. I am going to get a black swing arm and paint my frame black. i think the bike would look so much better i already painted my cans.

0617082008.jpg

Back