Thinking About A Stretch

Ham

Registered
Hi im thinking about a stretch 4 to 6 maybe just to bring the wheel even with the end of the tail.
Post pics of your 4-6 inch stretched Busa

Ssome more pics 6 to 6.5 inches stretched
2015-09-18 16.58.58.jpg
2016-02-16 08.22.09.jpg
2015-09-18 16.58.58.jpg

Here's a pic at 8" over launching off the line with 12lbs of boost. No boost control there!!! You'll have to setup the shock a bit if you are going to abuse the stocker.. Also, if you are going to stretch it, might as well get a tail to go with it...makes it look bada$$

12096117_10156115012535300_3655418438315033485_n.jpg

Here's a pic at 8" over launching off the line with 12lbs of boost. No boost control there!!! You'll have to setup the shock a bit if you are going to abuse the stocker.. Also, if you are going to stretch it, might as well get a tail to go with it...makes it look bada$$
i'm not dragging just like the look, I don't want to kill the handling. Looks better with the wheel even with the tail section maybe 4"-6" looks good to me.

Do you have any issue with the tire hitting anything on a hard launch?

Haven't tried a hard launch yet,just a roll on from 5,000 rpms in 1st gear. I did have to tighten down on the shock spring though as the tire would rub up under the taillight on a bump(being lowered about 2 1/2" and with my 250 lb. lard azz on it:D).Will still have to fiddle around with rebound,etc. but for now it's ok.Took it on my favorite twisty road and could feel no noticeable difference in handling from the stock wheel base(and at 4" over was still able to retain the stock rear brake line).Basically I just wanted it to look better and for the front end to stay down in 1st and 2nd gear at WOT without radically changing the cornering capability and I'm pretty satisfied with how it all worked out.

Last edited:
Haven't tried a hard launch yet,just a roll on from 5,000 rpms in 1st gear. I did have to tighten down on the shock spring though as the tire would rub up under the taillight on a bump(being lowered about 2 1/2" and with my 250 lb. lard azz on it:D).Will still have to fiddle around with rebound,etc. but for now it's ok.
Are you still running a stock shock?

Yep,still the stock shock,though by tightening down on the spring I've probably turned a 700 lb. spring into a 1,000 lb. spring(does ride a little rougher).:D

I just took mine for its maiden voyage at about 7" over and it just blows the tire on the street.

I just took mine for its maiden voyage at about 7" over and it just blows the tire on the street.
That is a common issue when you put a long arm on it,you'll end up needing a high quality aftermarket shock to fully eliminate that as you won't be able to launch without blowing the tire away.

Sorry a bit of topic but for land speed attempts on the busa are the swing arms stretched ? what is a popular length for this purpose ? :thumbsup:

Back