Thinking about a modular helmet

Scorpion shields are fog free and don’t cost AGV carbon money. And they’re DOT and Snell approved. Pulling a helmet apart doesn’t seem to be any sort of strength test as far as helmet impacts are concerned. Applying that same strength in the form of a WHACK on the chin bar is the real test no?

Scorpion shields are fog free and don’t cost AGV carbon money. And they’re DOT and Snell approved. Pulling a helmet apart doesn’t seem to be any sort of strength test as far as helmet impacts are concerned. Applying that same strength in the form of a WHACK on the chin bar is the real test no?
The pulling was to show the 13 pound theory , and your right it is no true test to impact . However the pulling did damage a pin mount causing failure of the chin bar when it was slammed down on the table .
It was a old helmet I had no intentions to use other than a run to store locally . So it got to be the demo destruction test model . I managed to bruise my chest doing that .

The AGV pass all the modern relevant standards I need , good enough in fact that it matches Rossi's and my :rolleyes: AGV Pista full carbon , and is nearly the same weight . I think the plain carbon gloss represents fantastic value . AU $ 899 looks like a deal to me !!

The AGV pass all the modern relevant standards I need , good enough in fact that it matches Rossi's and my :rolleyes: AGV Pista full carbon , and is nearly the same weight . I think the plain carbon gloss represents fantastic value . AU $ 899 looks like a deal to me !!

Is this the AGV sport modular carbon fibre you are referring to? Apparently they're supposed to be the best thing.

I have been wearing one for years. They are just very easy to get on and off. You can leave them on flip up and take a drink check your phone and such...

It should also be noted that while a modular helmet is a great and comfortable lid for street riding, these helmets were designed for use behind a barn door windscreen. The Neotec 2 is great with the lid closed, even in a tuck at 130+ speeds. But popping the lid at high speeds is dangerous, so be sensible about using these on a bike like the Busa. Also, no modular provides the safety that a DOT full face lid does to your face in a crash. No matter what anyone tells you, these helmets do no belong on a track!

Is this the AGV sport modular carbon fibre you are referring to? Apparently they're supposed to be the best thing.
Yeah bro , they seem like the best out there to me . I have never even considered one of these cop type lids ( lol ) , but sometimes when I stop the bike , I'd like to be able to keep my lid on but still be able to cool down . Also while the person I maybe riding with smokes a cig , or I stop for a leak on the roadside !!

My next helmet will be a modular, but hey, riding what I ride I will enjoy the flexibility.

Back