Thinking about a modular helmet

I'm thinking about a modular helmet. Anyone here use one? What are your thoughts on them? Thanks!
Is a modular helmet the one that flips up in front ? Like a open face with a flip down.
Always thought they were a pretty cool concept.
What are the benefits of one of them though ? Like what made you think about using one.

Stay away from AGV its nice , but has a few issues . Don't let its the lightest model suck you in .
I have owned many . Best bang for Scorpion 920 . I have 25,000 miles with one . I'm back in a Schuberth C3 pro . The Shoei Neotec 2 I sold after two rides , and 150 miles . If your not racing , and just riding / touring once you go this route you wont go back . I do not own a full face Snell helmet anymore .
I'll post photos later

Good concept but just saying personally I prefer a full face helmet the ones I have seen still look a bit flimsy to me that s why a prefer a solid full face helmet good luck with the shopping anyway :thumbsup:

Mr Brown I did you guys one better . Currently uploading a video comparing my two helmets ,and experiences.
Now there is no doubt a a Snell / DOT full face Helmet from a good company is stronger than a Modular , but the notion they are weak that seems to be most people's view who have not tried one on . My C3 Pro when you put it on you would think it was a Regular Full face . The Scorpion fooled NHRA tech inspection at the race track last year .
I can tell you they are better than any half or 3/4 helmet . There are thousands of riders who chose those versions of helmets .

Last edited:
I use a Neotec 2. Awesome helmet. Here are the advantages:

1. Significantly quieter than my RF 1200.
2. Sun visor built in.
3. Much cooler than a full face.
4. Easy communication at stops and gas full ups.
5. Looks pretty aggressive, not your dad's flip-up
6. If you go to the track this is not the helmet for you.
7. Don't get the SENA unit for this helmet. It sucks. Go 0K or Palktalk Bold
8. Expensive

PS: You can smoke a cigar and ride. Yeah, I do it.

I’ve considered one of these for the Florida summers, but haven’t pulled the trigger.

I’ve considered one of these for the Florida summers, but haven’t pulled the trigger.
Once you get one its tough going back Miguel . when you open it up in town its a huge temp difference felt especially paddle footing in traffic .

Once you get one its tough going back Miguel . when you open it up in town its a huge temp difference felt especially paddle footing in traffic .
Im sure it is Bryan! I’ve read some random info in the past, where people made comments about some these helmets only requiring 13lbs of force, before the latch system failed, but that info I found years ago! I just watched your video, after my previous post and they do look nice. I’m not sure how one would work with my sena 10c pro I have on preorder and I just bought my full face arai a couple of months ago, so I might wait a couple of years and try one of these modulars next time I’m due for a new helmet.

Is a modular helmet the one that flips up in front ? Like a open face with a flip down.
Always thought they were a pretty cool concept.
What are the benefits of one of them though ? Like what made you think about using one.
Don't know of benefits, just looking for something different. I am currently using an x11 shoei. It is a decent helmet but somewhat noisy. I like the idea of having the pull down tinted visor.

I've worn my dad's Bilt modular. I like the concept and its ability to open especially when it's hot outside and you're in traffic. It's just not for me. My next helmet will be an Icon Airflite.

Im sure it is Bryan! I’ve read some random info in the past, where people made comments about some these helmets only requiring 13lbs of force, before the latch system failed, but that info I found years ago! I just watched your video, after my previous post and they do look nice. I’m not sure how one would work with my sena 10c pro I have on preorder and I just bought my full face arai a couple of months ago, so I might wait a couple of years and try one of these modulars next time I’m due for a new helmet.

Your 10C wont work too well with a modular. Tried mine on my dads modular helmet and it positioned the camera too far back.

Back