Thinking about a 2013 Fjr1300

Only thing I know about them is that they are the ugliest sport/touring bike out there in my opinion.

From what I hear they are bulletproof though, and run forever.

One of my friends has a garage filled with bikes and rides more than any other three people I know and his 2013 FJR is his favorite. Now comes with factory cruise control "Sweet".

The only negative with me is the 5 speed tranny.

I love my 07 and you may not even notice it only has 5 gears. From what I've heard from other owners they don't miss 6th gear. I sure don't. And the 2014 red is beautiful!

All that said - I'd take a test ride on the FJR and the Triumph Trophy, then decide.

I love my 07 and you may not even notice it only has 5 gears. From what I've heard from other owners they don't miss 6th gear. I sure don't. And the 2014 red is beautiful!

All that said - I'd take a test ride on the FJR and the Triumph Trophy, then decide.

I have a 2014 red sitting right outside my office door. It IS sharp!

Cool bike after the last update. Not in the same league as a Busa mind you, but I'll admit it was on my shopping list as well...

Have you joined an FJR forum? Might seem a little more productive...

That is the bike I am gunning to get right now. I am currently selling my 08 Hayabusa in order to generate some cash for the purchase of the FJR, but people are shy about buying a Hayabusa it seems.

The FJR is a rock solid bike that has only been changed in minor ways over the years. The draws about the 2013 for me are the cruise control, heated grips, updated gauge cluster, large bags and the adjustable windshield and shaft driven. These are all things that I have either done to my Hayabusa, or tried to achieve.

Join a couple of FJR forums and start reading :)

Have a BIG friend(about 375 lbs.:laugh:)who sold his ZX-14 last month and picked up a really mint,low mileage,black FJR 1300(i think it's an '08 or '09)and likes it a lot.Way more comfortable for his size and he can ride the shyt out of that thing(as he could his ZX-14)through the canyons out here in SoCal.Not my cup of tea but it's just right for him.:thumbsup:

Never looked at one, but nice looking bike in my opinion. Looks like lots of storage when you need it, and a comfortable riding position.

Screen Shot 2014-02-22 at 9.41.34 AM.png

Look at the results of the 2013 Iron Butt Rally. If I remember right, something like 7 of the top 10 finishers were on FJR's, and 5 of the top 6 were FJR's. They have pretty much removed BMW as the Iron Butt bike of choice.

My touring buddy rides a FRJ. His only complaint is boredom. Also, he never gets any love when we're parked and strangers come over to talk bikes. Everything is always all about the Hayabusa. It's almost as if there isn't even another bike sitting there. :laugh:

My touring buddy rides a FRJ. His only complaint is boredom. Also, he never gets any love when we're parked and strangers come over to talk bikes. Everything is always all about the Hayabusa. It's almost as if there isn't even another bike sitting there. :laugh:

If your friend is bored on the FJR, he's doing it wrong. And if he bought it to get love from other riders, he bought it for the wrong reason. That bike is capable of much more than it ever gets credit for...

I'll never get rid of my busa but I'll always have an FJR too.

I rode one years ago and they had heating issues on the rider. The bike is about 650lbs wet. Shaft drive is nice, I had a GS1200 for many years but missed the torque and power of an inline 4. K1300S is a comparable choice as well, often overlooked.

I think a multistrada 1200 is a way more interesting choice, more fun and closer to a sportier bike yet supremely comfortable and way sexier and lighter than the FJR...

BB

I rode one years ago adn they ahd heating issues on the rider. The bike is gutless and heavy IMHO and I would sooner ride a busa with LSL and hard bags these days and a proper windscreen. I had a GS 1200 and it was more fun to drive then most of the other bikes.

I think a multistrada 1200 is a way better choice, more fun and closer to a sportier ride yet supremely comfortable and way sexier and lighter than the FJR...

BB
you just described a GEN 1 FJR :laugh:

I have 4 FJR1300's and one of them is a 2013. GREAT bike. yes, the early ones were warm but they will run 150K to 200K miles.

could they use a bit more power, yes but fabulous all around bike. visit fjrforum

Back