Think my "mid-life" crisis is here...(kinda long)

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
*cliffnotes at bottom*
WTF is wrong with me? I LOVE riding my Busa, makes me feel all the things I cant feel in a cage, the freedom blah blah blah..and yeah I hit the out of way-no traffic backroads and open old GL up for some top speed fun. Now, after selling my Camaro, my old buddies that built it with me were talking to me about turboing the GL. I shrugged it off, knowing how much of PITA it was to install, maintain, etc on a fricken 4th Gen F Body.
Now, I see pics here n there of the Turbo Busa's...I dont like the dump pipe, then I seen Sageronin (hope thats the one) with the full pipe AND turbo! Holy schnickies....I'm in love again (wife will never hear me say that, nor will she read this..disclaimer: Honey if you sneak in here and read this, understand I am 12yrs your senior and this is definately inbalanced hormones typing ;) ). I searched the turbo forum, OMG there are some nice numbers being put down. And still daily rider friendly. As of now, I am looking at the Ghetto Stage I, and I know after a few rips of the boost controller, aka throttle, I'll be wanting more. But upgrades are easier to pass off then the entire kit on an accout overview from the wife.
I am pretty mechanically inclined so Install would be fun with friends help of course. I need to research more and find all the necessary "suggested" supporting items, like clutch springs (or entire new friction/steels setup w. springs) etc..

Cliffnotes: I'm getting older and the lure of the Turbo on Green Lantern is getting stronger. Need to save and research more.

You only live once.

laugh.gif
I hope that helps.

I've told her the same thing, she seems to think since my initials are CAT3 I have nine lives...doesn't help when she knows the life I've led and how many ppl wouldn't be living thru that crap! Oh well...I keep telling her the Busa is my fountain of youth, which she reaps the rewards from
smile.gif

The need for speed is more like a perpetual life crisis. If you do the turbo, post lots of pics in progress.
beerchug.gif

Hell i turn 40 tomorrow, and im still thinking about it!

Any one want to buy my big bore?
rock.gif

Go for it ... there's nothing better than the feel of a boosted ride unless you're a jet pilot kicking in the afterburners.

This project is going to take me a few months to save up for, but once I get the Busa account built back up, I am really thinking the account will be drained for the Stage I turbo kit. My friends think I am crazy...one touched it off with "a bike should NOT have more hp than the rider weighs..." I said "well if thats the case then I need to stop modding now" as I cringed....shoots I need to gain more weight, 160 just ain't cutting it
sad.gif

(CAT3 @ Oct. 16 2006,20:54) My friends think I am crazy...one touched it off with "a bike should NOT have more hp than the rider weighs..."
Haha, I can get the big bore and the turbo! Screw weight watchers.

(GIXERHP @ Oct. 16 2006,18:flamethrowing:) Hell i turn 40 tomorrow, and im still thinking about it!

Any one want to buy my big bore?
rock.gif
keep the big bore just change to turbo pistons I have already checked into this
super.gif

Back