think I have stumbled across a Gen II airbox mod!

GPW

Donating Member
Registered
Its just a pretty big airway obstruction located in the airbox. First look I missed it myself thinking it added structurely to the air box. As far as I know no one else has caught this. Its super simple and it was right in front of our eyes all along. Any guess's tweakers. :laugh:

a bird built a nest in it? :rofl:
had garage door open and helmet sitting on bike for 20 minutes, went out to get back on the bike and this bird is flying around just outside the door. went to pick up the helmet and the whole bottom already had a nest in it. the bird was really pissed :laugh: I guess he figured he had a covered condo.

a bird built a nest in it? :rofl:
had garage door open and helmet sitting on bike for 20 minutes, went out to get back on the bike and this bird is flying around just outside the door. went to pick up the helmet and the whole bottom already had a nest in it. the bird was really pissed :laugh: I guess he figured he had a covered condo.
hmmm...not close :laugh:

maybe a toy, how about small ball, or vegetables someone didn't want to eat :laugh:

Mine had this big paper thing with a metal screen supporting it covering the whole opening. Seemed like a silly and unnecessary device for keeping dirt out.

Filter? We don't need no steenkingg filterrr.:laugh:

Hmmmmmm, I don't even have my bike to open it up and look. Hey by the way did u find a bird that got sucked into mine from the drive down there. Hehe
Posted via Mobile Device

Might have it .................. some one had put these big washer things across my throttle bodies ................... even screwed them in ................. took the whole eight of them out an binned them :whistle:

Well, instead of tearing into mine to find out what the hell he's talking about, I'm gonna go for a ride and enjoy the sunshine... L8R :thumbsup:

Might have it .................. some one had put these big washer things across my throttle bodies ................... even screwed them in ................. took the whole eight of them out an binned them :whistle:
they are an obstruction to air flow, if you have a real good tuner yank those too... :whistle:

Good job~!~

And thanks for bringing to our attention Greg~!!~ :thumbsup:

Back