Things usually go OK for me

Learjett

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I guess this is a bit of a continuation of my last topic about not being able to go any further on my mods while waiting on the parts to get here.  However, things usually go OK for me no matter what the circumstances... and I think it's because of how I prepare to do anything.  This post is a good example of how boredom and preparation can be taken to the "inth" degree and in fact, borders on being so "anal" that I squeek when I walk.  You know, cross all the I's and dot all the T's kind of thing.  AND KEEP BUSY no matter what!

Here's a few examples:

Who else among you has TWO service manuals?  This one resides right by the porcelain god so that every morning after I've had my 2.83 cups of coffee I can sit in perfect splendor and study my BIBLE before my shower.

IMG_1741.jpg

Waiting on parts means doing other needless things like this.  Making a "trip book" of all the trips I plan on taking after my parts get here and the weather turns better.

IMG_1740.jpg

I have a million ways to get to the Crossroads of time, and a million ways to get back home.  Notice (if you can see it) in the title of each page is something like "Trip-D" etc.  all the routes in this book are now programed into my GPS and all I have to do is bring Trip-D or whatever, up and viola!  The electronic God's take me there (in case I forgot in the first place)  Boredom reigns supreme!

IMG_1738.jpg

Oh, here's an example of a "mind" runaway!  I receive my Scorpio alarm last month and rather than wait on the "little" instruction manual that would come with it, I had to download the thing off the internet and make myself a "BIG" book so I could memorize it before the alarm even got here!

IMG_1744.jpg

Larger print for my old eyes!

IMG_1745.jpg

Oh, here's another good one!  My "winter projects" consist of 18 different mods.  Soooo, what did Mr. Anal do?  But of course, I made a HUGH book with ever single mod in it that I planned to do, how to do it, tools needed, parts needed, and of course spent plenty of time on the pot after coffee memorizing each one before the start of that project!  I'm SICK!!!!  Here's the "mod" book.

IMG_1746.jpg

Notice how every page in every book is in it's own plastic wrapper... God forbid any speck of dirt, grease, or oil should get on MY BOOK!

IMG_1747.jpg

Oh, and what to do if for some reason I need to know which part went back where?  Run into the house and get on the computer and look it up or querry a board member?  I THINK NOT!  I'll just reach for my FICH BOOK and look it up!!!  ...that IS my own scooter on the front of the book too.

IMG_1748.jpg

That's right... I have every single page in there, including the page for the decals and safety stickers!  I knew that's where that bolt went.

IMG_1749.jpg

Well, I know I'm a SICK PUPPY... but in my defense, I AM waiting on parts and what do you do when you wait???  Crazy stuff like this I suppose.  Pretty soon, I'll be down to polishing individual screw heads if stuff doesn't start arriving soon.  Maybe I've take things too far... or then again, maybe that's why things usually go as advertised for me... maybe you can't really "overprep" for a project.  Or maybe I'm not sick at all...  maybe I'm just a BUSA person!

Now what to do?..... Hey, what can I do with this screen material I got at Home Depot today?

IMG_1725.jpg

I am assuming that all that work is done electronically - several of those mod how to's would probably go over very well here! Nice binders...

When I am bored, I usually try to re-wire something on Bessie... I try really hard not to get bored!
laugh.gif

Bob, I look forward to taking some of those trips that you have planned out this spring and summer. Great job on the books.
biggrin.gif

Very anal indeed, but you know what they say about "preparation...?" Very organized. I admire that more than anything else.

everyone has some sort of OCD.
it just works out yours is cool. the ride maps are a super idea.
and the mod folder just rocks. good work
beerchug.gif

I got bored last week, and this happened...
uglyside.jpg

I too, try not to get bored... I've now got a project going...

Ah yes, the life of a Corp. Pilot.

How much of that was done at an airport waiting for the pax to come back??

lurk.gif

I can relate, I used to put everything in it's own 3 ring binder with the sheets in the poly-vue covers (when there wasn't too many sheets). Some how I was able to quit, I don't do it neary as much. But I like it!

Where did you get the parts fiche?

Back