THEY\'VE TAKEN MY ABUSA!

I work at Motor Cycle News in the UK and this morning the road testers informed me they needed my Abusa for a few days to ride on closed public roads on the Isle of Man (home of the TT). It'll be ridden by former GP racer Keith Heuwen, TT lap record holder Steve Hislop and former WSB racer Neil Hodgson. I'll let you know what that does for tyre wear!
You can see the results of its test against an R1, 996 and FireBlade in July 21's, MCN. If you can't get hold of a copy you can get a flavour of the feature in my own website (http://members.tripod.com/Suzuki_Hayabusa) or at the MCN site (after July 21) on http://www.motorcycleworld.co.uk
The whole test is also being filmed for release on Duke Video. I'll let you know the price and purchasing details as soon as I know.

DC, I wish I could get MCN here in Zurich.
I am planning a trip up to the Nurburgring in September for a few laps of ballistic fun. I've been around it before - it's unreal, and that 2 mile straight is beckoning me to open her up. Can't wait.....

Bluviper, No he's the thinner guy who you see in the studio ( an ex-racer circa Barry Sheene). The 'fat bastard' (who incidentally is lighter than me) is Julian Ryder. They both commentate during the races.

Are you anywhere near Regents Park in Brisbane ??

[This message has been edited by BigPete (edited 14 July 1999).]

DC Keith Huwen isnt he the fat bastard on the television coverage..lol
hope they bring it back in one piece
love mcn when i can get it

No I'm a Brit working in Switzerland at the moment but I have friends there that I visit every other year. I think maybe it's in Logan City ?? (south Brisbane). Gudday

Gentlemen, thank you for your concern. My Hayabusa is back on the mainland in one piece, though not yet in my hands. The experience of having those boys on its back has left it with both tyres done in. The rear is apparently down to the canvass. It only had 800 miles on it when it left me – and it got taken in a van to the venue for the test!
It's being fitted out with new rubber and coming back to me with chain adjusted, lubed and ready to roll on Friday. I hope it still looks pretty!

Hey DC,
So whats the end to the story? How's your
bike feel now? Run? How did the bike do in the test? Inquiring minds want to know. Is
there a URL we can check out the MCN story???

ducmanic
Los Angeles

Back