They shut down the interstate to race

300Busa

Chillaxin...
Donating Member
Registered
<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf" FlashVars="video=690e916a-d0cf-430f-b633-9a2300d637bd" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="428" height="352" name="ePlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>
old muscle getting down on the highway

Funny thing is, I was wondering what they would do if one of them caught fire, broke, or whatever, then, poof, fire under the one...

Some awesome soundin machines right there!
muscle.gif

Craziness! Amazing that they had help from the police to do that.

nice save by the guy driv'n that Nova....thats insane, where was it filmed at??

Man, if we do that crap in the states, we would be put under the jail! My brother used to do alot of street racing, but after he had lost his license 3 times, he quit. Now 25yrs later he races at the track!

Back in the 80s we used to have the "Portage Grand Prix" in Portage Indiana.
The main street through town was shut down (by the police) and cones were put up. At the start you let it rip several hundred feet and then slow down as you hit the cone course. When at the end you had to pull a u-turn as fast as you could (or a smokin' 180) and then a straight WFO 1/4 mile line back to where you started.

All you needed to participate was a car...any car. They ranged from Yugos to Ferraris to F1 replicas. Trophies and prizes were given out for the best times in each class.
One year a guy in a new Corvette lost it and hit the temporary concrete barrier. It just barely saved the crowd of people behind it. Liability went up and that was the end of those races.
sad.gif
I think it eventually moved to a real track and became a private event.

Any other places in the US still have events like this?

it's not a drag race... but in nevada they have, or used to have, the silver streak run, a 100 mile event broke down in 10mph brackets with an unlimited catagory at the end (wfo) bad part... no bikes allowed.

That is awesome. Did I mention that we are taking our Camaro off the bottle and twin turbocharging it this winter?? Should run in the low 8's then.

Back