They say "Everything shrinks with age" including my new battery (Ballistic 8 cell)

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Needed a battery today. First time for one of my bikes in years. Always bought Yuasa for my bikes and those I worked on.

The Yuasa for a Busa has 175 Cold Crank Amps. The ballistic has 275 C.C.A

" " " " 9.5 amp hours The ballistic has 15

" " " " weighs 6.3 pounds. The ballistic weighs 1 pound 10 oz.

In these parts $120.oo for a Yuasa, 180.oo For the lithium 8 Cell

These things are freaky small and light.

No tender is needed (I always used one) they can sit on the shelf and only lose 10% capacity per year.???

Seems to fire The Black Bastid right up.:thumbsup:

We shall see...........

RSD.

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

Re: They say "Everything shrinks with age" including my new battery (Ballistic 8 cel

Speaking of things that have shrunk...my new FleaBay purchased coffee mug.

Its like doing "shots" :laugh:

3 sips...back to the pot.
3 sips...back to the pot.
3 sips....

RSD.

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

Re: They say "Everything shrinks with age" including my new battery (Ballistic 8 cel

Your gonna love that Ballistic Rubb :thumbsup: There is absolutely no hesitation when you crank the busa. Mine fires right up everytime, even if its been sitting for a few days in the garage it starts right up as if it was already warmed up

did it come with foam? I should do that with my chopper. Who sells foam like that

I might have to check one of these out...I looked on Amazon and found it for $142...they also have a 12 cell (410 cca) for $165. I wonder if that's overkill...but the bike I just bought doesn't want to start back up after I ride it....but if it sits for a while it's fine. Very strange...

I might have to check one of these out...I looked on Amazon and found it for $142...they also have a 12 cell (410 cca) for $165. I wonder if that's overkill...but the bike I just bought doesn't want to start back up after I ride it....but if it sits for a while it's fine. Very strange...

Buy the biggest one that will fit.:thumbsup:

RSD.

did it come with foam? I should do that with my chopper. Who sells foam like that

The battery comes shipped in that foam.

I did a qwikie install at my buddies shop where I bought it.

What you do for a pro look it cut the shipping foam into a perfect shape to fit your battery box and the size of battery that you bought.The foam is then 1 piece.That will happen today.

Touchdown...:thumbsup:

Your gonna love that Ballistic Rubb :thumbsup: There is absolutely no hesitation when you crank the busa. Mine fires right up everytime, even if its been sitting for a few days in the garage it starts right up as if it was already warmed up

Thats the review I was looking for.:bowdown:
Cool.
Rubb.

Pics of properly cut foam box cut from the foam the battery was shipped in.It is now one piece.Easy re/re and pieces wont move or fall out due to vibration.

Vibration? You mean these things vibrate...:laugh: thread spin-off...

Rubb.

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

i have been thinking on trying one out when the time comes...

I love em. I tun 2 because I need the 24V starter, but yes, they are very nice! Good purchase.

I love em. I tun 2 because I need the 24V starter, but yes, they are very nice! Good purchase.

Should work well for everybody Sleeper...even those guys who wanna put an' amplifier and bass sub in the hump. :whistle:

BOOM BOOM goes the Busa...:laugh:

RSD.

I just won one from them in a contest on Facebook for my 2012 busa. They sent us shirts/battery and stickers. We got the 12 cell version. Its amazing how small and lightweight it is.

I just won one from them in a contest on Facebook for my 2012 busa. They sent us shirts/battery and stickers. We got the 12 cell version. Its amazing how small and lightweight it is.

What did you have to do to fit it into the compartment? What year is your busa? I'm thinking about a Ballistic but don't think the 12 cell will fit without some cutting or something...

What did you have to do to fit it into the compartment? What year is your busa? I'm thinking about a Ballistic but don't think the 12 cell will fit without some cutting or something...

o7 Busa,but they all have the same size batt.

The 12 cell will NOT fit or else that would be whats in the photo's.

Plenty of power in this one as stated above.

They would be asweome for a 24V system.

You could stick the second one in the hump,nose,tail,beside the starter maybe...:dunno:

RSD.

My busa is a 2012. It dropped right in with no modification. I got the 12 cell.

My busa is a 2012. It dropped right in with no modification. I got the 12 cell.

My stock battery is a tight fit..with no foam...there must be a difference because I took the measurements from Ballistic's web site and there's no way I can fit the 12 cell in mine. I'll go with the 8 cell like Rubb said (if I need it...I still don't know if my wire upgrade worked since I haven't been able to ride since).

I bought a shorai lithium battery. the thing is tiny and works like a charm. I used to run these lithium batterys in my r/c cars and they required balanced charging once in a while. Shorai says the same thing. I bought their balancing charger with the battery. These lithium batterys will deplete while sitting attached to your bike from things like the clock and electronics. if it will sit for a long time either put on a balance charger or pull the neg. terminal and it will set for a very long time and hold charge. Never allow your battery to get critically low. if it does, they can be damaged.

Also when it is very cold, the lithiums work different. you may have to let the headlight sit on for a few min to warm the battery up with current flow. then it will start your bike right up. I have had mine for a year and so far so good. I had an issue where my cord was disconnected from the outlet and it sat for 6 months without a charger. the battery died. I called shorai and they paid for shipping of both the charger and battery to inspect both of them. the charger would not recover the dead battery. they told me that next time it happens to use a regular car battery for an hour then put on the balance charger to finish charge. they updated the firmware on my charger and shipped it all back to me. also this particuar brand is made in the good ole USA and thier service is top notch. They said that this battery should last 10 years if I keep the charger hooked up properly.

The battery came with special padding that is sticky back to install in your battery case. I bought it from Rocket Moto. They are great people and hooked me up with a great deal. did the battery for 159 shipped and threw in the charger for 60. they give away very cool kickstand pucks with your purchase as well. Customer service is good after the sale as well.

Standard Recommendation: LFX18A1-BS12
MSRP: $189.95 SHORAI LFX Lithium-Iron Powersports battery, 18Ah PbEq 12V eq, "A" polarity, Case Type 1
Length 5.83"
Width 2.63"
Height 4.13"

Back