They had it coming

Projekt

Registered
The stoplight was red, I contemplated running it at this late hour of the night with nobody else around. It was taking an excessive amount of time no matter how I positioned myself over the inductive loop in the pavement. Better not take any chances because I have come to value paying cheap insurance for my Hayabusa. Looking in my rear view mirror, I noticed headlights approaching and was thankful a larger vehicle was coming to trip the sensor and get a green light.
The car pulled up to my left, it was a new WRX with a loud exhaust and a noisy wastegate. I could hear the loud blow-off as the driver downshifted while pulling up. Three young guys were in the car and the passenger rolled down his window, “Hey man, is that thing as fast as it looks�
Trying to ignore him, I left my visor down and didn’t look over.
The driver revved the engine and the whoosh-whoosh of the wastegate accompanied the engine noise and exhaust. The passenger made a motion for me to lift up my visor. As I did, he swung a red plastic cup in my direction and my face was awash in beer before I knew what happened. I was shocked at first and then furious within seconds. The punks laughed as they sped away surely thinking I was not going to pursue them.
This section of road past the stoplight becomes a bullet straight highway. Catching up to them would be easy enough. It was the last coherent thought I had before full blown rage made my blood boil. My face was dripping with foul smelling beer and my goatee felt like a beer sponge as I released the clutch lever to accelerate from the stop. The driver of the WRX had taken off like a rally racer confident that he would be able to evade if I was to give chase. Luckily for me, I could still see them in the distance as I quickly closed the gap. The switch I installed to disable the headlights worked like magic so I snuck up to them silently in sixth gear so the exhaust would have less of a chance of giving me away. The noise of their exhaust was much louder than mine as I approached them noting all the discarded beer cans they had tossed out.
My pocket full of marbles was really going to come in handy right now. I flipped the switch to turn my lights back on as I pulled alongside them doing 120 miles per hour. Their grinning faces changed to shock when they realized I didn’t give up easily. A little more throttle put me right in front of them as I released the marbles which made a mess of their windshield and headlights.
That should teach them is what I remember thinking while pulling away as they were recovering from the impact. I could just make out the driver putting his head out the side window apparently to be able to keep after me. My speedometer indicated 150 as I put some distance between us. Unfortunately, my fuel warning light illuminated telling me I should find a gas station soon. At this velocity I would only have 16 miles before running out of fuel. I knew the area well so this wasn’t too much of a concern because a service station was just up the road a few miles after it becomes an undivided highway once again.
I pulled into the service station at the other side of the road just as a few vehicles pulled away towards the same direction I was going. The fuel stop was as fast as possible because I knew the punks would be coming this way. Just as I snapped the gas cap closed, I heard the WRX coming up the highway. Thinking they wouldn’t notice me, I casually readied myself to resume my journey home as I pulled to the exit lane of the gas station which was obscured by a large price sign. Laughing to myself, I watched as the WRX sped past but saw it hit the brakes hard and pull a rally racer 180 in the middle of the empty road.
Oh, crap! I thought this was going to be easy but thought wrong. The WRX sped into the service station behind me. I waited until the punks got out of the car to walk up to me before I sped off giving myself as much of a lead as possible. They sprinted to the car and came after me faster than I imagined. By now the road was a twisty section along the coast with several blind curves ahead before spilling out into the city.
The section was technical but made for an exhilarating escape since I was very familiar with it having spent many afternoons speeding up and down it on my lunch hour. I quickly came up on the tail of one of the minivans that had left the gas station and noticed a sign on the rear window saying “Tijuana or bustâ€. The pass was dangerous because it was a blind curve with a wall of jagged rock on the left and the Pacific Ocean on the right. Hitting the gas and holding my breath, I quickly came upon the side of the minivan with the WRX hot on my heels. The driver seemed to know what he was doing because his remaining lights were right on my tail as I hit the next curve and passed the car in my way. Things were getting dicey as I came up on a heavy duty pick-up towing a large travel trailer. The decision to pass on the curve was a matter of faith since I couldn’t see any light reflecting off the trailer wall but as I got parallel to the hitch I saw a bright light reflecting on the fender. It was an oncoming vehicle and the WRX was right on my tail so there was no pulling back. I pinned the throttle and went around the truck with little room to spare. The WRX driver was crazy because he came around just in the nick of time but seemed to overcorrect at the sight of the larger tractor trailer. He went into to a fishtail and slid off the road onto a scenic overlook. Traffic kept moving as if nothing ever happened.
I doubled back to see the carnage. As I pulled into the scenic overlook I saw the car with its tail hanging off the edge of the cliff. It was teetering at the midline of the body. The guys were yelling at me to help. “Help man, we’re sorryâ€
“Sorry?†was my reply as I put my foot on the hood to stabilize the car.
“Yeah man sorry about throwing the beer at you. We were just fooling aroundâ€
I asked “Do you have anymore beer?â€
“Yeah we have a lot man, help us.â€
“Throw me a brew†I said and at that they tossed me a Sierra Nevada.
It was ice cold as I opened it with my gloves still on and took a swig. They just looked at me with a helpless expression as I downed the beer.
I told them “You know what happens when you drink and drive?â€
“What happens man?â€
“You die†I said as lifted on the car’s front end and watched it roll back off the cliff to tumble into the ocean.
Forget them, the deserved it.

That was the best story I have ever herd. If that is all true, I salute you. You are lucky that nothing happened to you. **** those little bastards and I hope they got ****ed up bad or worse. I would have done the same thing as you. Good job man, you should be proud.:bowdown:

Very riveting story!!! When you going to put all your short stories together. You are an excellent writer!! :beerchug:

Back