they are dropping me..

chevelle

Donating Member
Registered
i just got a letter from rider that stated they are dropping me on 11/13/05 because i got 3 tickets in one year,1 with the chevelle (long gone) and 2 speeding tickets,both with the zx 12,i am pretty bummed about this,i have always used rider insurance (never had a claim) and don't even know where to start looking for new coverage

Better start looking fast. I am not sure if State Farm is back in NJ but start with them. Go through the phone book and see what companies are available to you. There are quite a few on here that will give you the name of good insurance companies. I have everything through State Farm right now and will be looking at Allstate pretty soon.

Greeneinc,
Have a buddy who is an Allstate agent here in NY. He said the Busa isn't even listed for him to insure as it is a High Performance motorcycle. I think he tried both by model and by engine displacement and still no go.
Stae Farm was the best I found here.

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130261540 -->

I love state farm. And to top it off they we're alot cheeper than everyone else. and on top of that they covoer track-days as long as not a santioned event =)

Jersey is different
mad.gif

i called state farm,but they won't insure a motorcycle unless you have your auto insurance with them

also tried a local insurance agent,and was given a quote of 522.00 a year for both bikes (03 12  05 busa) liabilaty only, from foremost insurance,he said they would insure almost anybody,i was only paying 318.00 with rider,i will keep looking to see if i can do better

Thats odd that State Farm wont cover your bike alone. All I have is my bike with them and full coverage is 60 bucks a month.

its hard to find someone who will give you coverage if you dont have an auot policy with them.its their way of twisting your arm for more money.when you do find ins.I bet it wont be cheap for awhile til those tickets come off your record.

Yeah, same here in Nevada, if you have no car(s) with State Farm they won't insure your motorcycle. Believe it or not, I got my best rate from Progressive with a combo of two cars and one motorcycle.

I have state farm for my bike, but my wifes bike and car, and my truck is with farmers. I'll put them all together when the policy is due for renewal, but for now the busa is the only thing I have covered right now. Try another agent for state farm, the one you talked to is full of BS. Also get your coverage Now!!! If you wait untill the current policy is out of force you will FUGGED. If you get anymore tickets get a lawyer to handle for you its cheaper in the long run. Good luck.

i called state farm,but they won't insure a motorcycle unless you have your auto insurance with them

also tried a local insurance agent,and was given a quote of 522.00 a year for both bikes (03 12  05 busa) liabilaty only, from foremost insurance,he said they would insure almost anybody,i was only paying 318.00 with rider,i will keep looking to see if i can do better
State Farm covers my busa stand alone.  They have me covered through their fire & causualty company  (little bit higher rate - $450 per year - full coverage).  The only way they will cover me through the regular company is if I also insure a car with them.  I have all my other vehicles and my house with another company, and have been with them so long that with the multiple car discounts and the longevity discounts, State Farm cannot match the rates I already get.  The decrease in the bike rate would not offset the increase I would pay for everything else if I moved it, so - there you have it.

As a side note - I got a quote from Rider. It was more than I pay at State Farm.....

<!--EDIT|pward76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130429437 -->

Back