These days I'm a Carpenter

Projekt

Registered
Pic one

Deck_build_1.JPG

I'm a carpenter and I have to tip my hat off to ya
hello.gif
. Your doing a pretty good job. Can't wait to see the decking.
lurk.gif
I can see from the joists, you got some good stuff going on.
ThumbsUp.gif

Of course, you pulled the proper building permit(s)!
laugh.gif

lQQks good, Bro!
thumb_up.gif

Looks good. I built a gazebo a few years ago and had a blast. I love doing stuff like that.

--Wag--

No carpenter here, but exactly how is this deck being supported. All I see is the framing resting on random stacks of wood on the ground.

No carpenter here, but exactly how is this deck being supported.  All I see is the framing resting on random stacks of wood on the ground.
Those are temporary since the thing will shift around during the framing phase and it is close enough to the ground so as to rest on mocked up blocks.
It will be supported properly by a "pad and notched 4x4 post" on the center of each joist and at about every four feet along the beams. Also, the posts for the railing will be spaced evenly around the perimeter after the main inside supports are complete.
I'll update with more pics as progress is made.

Oh by the way... Remember that this is IRAQ and I can't run down to the local home depot or supply yard to get the proper stuff that would inevitably make this go much faster. Everything is being cut with one Battery operated Dewalt circular saw and nailed by one "Right Arm and Claw Hammer" nailgun.

Back