There's a new bike in town

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
A pic of my wife's trusty steed next to mine.

Seriously, she hadn't ridden a bicycle in 25 years. She seems to have good balance and took off right away. As soon as she feels comfortable, I'll get her a small street bike so we can ride together. She is 5' 2", so she needs a low seat height.

As quick as she learns, directly it will be "I want a liter bike!" and she'll be running circles around me.

NewBikeInTown.jpg

If she is 5'2" she is the perfect height for a lowered Busa,, but riding the bike will definitely get her body tuned better than a Busa ever could. Not saying it's necessary. DAM! I never know when to end a statement. Enjoy ur rides:thumbsup:

Nice! I like Phase II where you get her a motorized version!!!

I am 61. She is 56. I've been riding so long that it is hard to take on someone who has never been on a motorized bike. Everything is reflex to me. I once told someone that if I had to stop and think about what I was doing, I would fall.

That said, after 37 years of marriage, I admire her willingness to take on something new. I don't want her to end up in a hospital because I missed something. So, I am taking it slow. I don't want to make enthusiasm into regret. We (I?) did the same thing with SCUBA. She became an excellent diving partner. When she started, she freaked out at having 6 feet of water over her head in a swimming pool. When she finished, she was at 140 feet on a wreck in the Bahamas helping me take photos.

It's going into winter now. But, if she becomes a rider, I'll update you guys with some photos.

I love this forum!

We got a S40/Savage for my wife.

It's fun, light weight, very low saddle height, good looking and inexpensive. You'll even enjoy tooting around on it. Plus it has a good forum.

d-side.JPG

Back