There is Justice!!!!

Familiar group to me.

They were in VT in 1999 / 2000 when the Baker Vs. Vt case was going on.

For you that of course don't know that case, it was the case held in VT supreme court that ordered the legislature to write a law giving equal right to the gay and lesbians,ultimatly making VT the first state to enact civil unions.

Man they were hated terribly by everyone here.

I spoke with that joker Fred several times and he is a complete donkey in my book.

don't people have real issues to deal with; crime, poverty, healthcare, environement..just to name a few.. they can protest all they want...but soldiers funerals...bad taste to say the least...u can say what u want about the war, but always back the soldiers, alwa

Woohoo!!!!!

I'll donate bullets for the protesters.
guns.gif

if they feel America is such a horrible place, they need to be aware that they're free to leave at any time. I, for one, promise to not miss them!

I'd like to know what Bible they're reading.God hates no one.Just the act of sin itself.It is no differant if your child does something you hate.You still love the child.But hate the act.Big differance.These people are passing judgement.They don't have that right,only God does.

And this freedom of speech is bullshid when it takes someone elses freedom away.A line drawn in blood would get their attention.

Heck with awarding punitive damages, send their azz's to Iraq and get them out of our country.
guns.gif

I here NASA launches rockets into space regularly. I'm sure a few extra pound each wouldn't get noticed too much.
firedevil.gif

The only thing that bothers me more they are doing it is seeing kids there. Let them form their own opinions. I think kids deserve that, when I grew up in a Baptist family if I wanted to attend a church outside of that it was fine I was afforded the option. My dad served the only thing I that was ever forced upon me was be proud to be an American stand up during the pledge and national anthem and kick anyone's a$$ that did not, talked, or tried to burn a flag.

This gives me that same sick feeling in my stomach as when I watch the kids in all of the extremist propaganda videos. Praying to martyrs and their parents saying how proud they are and cannot wait for their kids to become martyrs. If you ever get a chance watch a ashura ceremony, when the Shia' cut their heads on the anniversary of the death of Ali's son. They cut their heads chant and all kinds of stuff but you will see them taking razors and cutting the heads of small children during this it is sickening.

It bothers me because I served to protect our rights. They want to use those rights to violate the basic human rights of others.

If they don't like it, THEY CAN LIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to say they are based not too far from Kansas City and were protesting here on a regular basis. Kansas passed a law that prevents them from being within a certain distance from the funeral and also gives restrictions on how long before the service they can be there. The Patriot Guard motorcycle unit did a very good job on protecting the familys from these nut cases. Ironic that our troops die while fighting to protect the rights all of of have, even these worthless pieces of crap!

While I was very happy to hear the verdict and the award to the family, I am also very upset at the realization that this will be appealed and tied up in the court system for a long time. I know the family is not that concerned about the money but more the message the verdict sends to all the other fanatics out there. It's just disappointing to think the message will be lost while this case goes thru all the legal channels over and over until this so-called "Church" claims to have no money left due to legal expenses... I agree with the verdict but there has to be a better way to actualy administer the justice part of it.

I was thinking the same thing...while I am so happy the judge saw in favor of the family, the sheer amount of $$$ being awarded will likely never be seen by that family, so the punishment will never be carried out...

It would mean more and make a much broader statement if they were brought up on charges by every family they've disrespected and judgment was a more nominal payment for each infraction...something they could and would feasibly be able to fork over, and after doing that a few times perhaps these lame brains would take the hint...

Back