There is always a first time.

Wallie

Registered
Well for the first time in 10 years, this afternoon, while riding home from work, I fell down off my motorcycle.:( For the grace of God, nothing happen to me, all I did was bruise my ego, and now I'm sore. I was keeping my eye on the car in front of me that was stopping for no real reason, and at the same time, is was watching the car to my back. Then, all of sudden, the driver in the car in front of me, slam the breaks and stop, but the front wheel locked on me and then I went to the floor. I was only doing like 10 mph. I got up from the ground in a heart beat and put the bike in first gear so I could get home. Like they said most accident happen close to your house. I got home and I checked the bike, and the magneto cover was crack and leaking oil, and the fender was scratched. Does anybody have this part for sale or can help to instal it once I get it.

This is my conversation I had with my youngest son, who asking me what happened when a I was taking the fender out. I explained why to him, and this is what he tells me:

Me: I am fine.
Nathan: I glad you fine. Imagine if you were dead you, you were going to meet with snowball (dog) in heaven.
Me: Really?
Nathan: But now that I am thinking about what happened to you, we wouldn't have anything to eat or any money to buy the things that I need.
me: Thank you Nathan for worrying about your needs and not me. *I started laughing*

Any help will be welcome.

Glad you are ok, bike parts are easily fixable, human parts dont quite fix as easy nor are they replaceable...stay away from the cheap chinese knock offs on ebay for your new stator cover..get genuine OEM or something from a quality company like Woodcraft or Vortex if you upgrade your cover when you replace it. Good luck on the reassembly.

Wallie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you're okay and the damage was minimal. Check with Daniel at Cloud nine, he hooked me up with a new cover that has a removable slider (just in case) and the price was very reasonable and it looks much better than the stock. (Mine was left side)

In the mean time I used a Hi-temp JB weld compound to seal the crack and it worked for a week with virtually no leakage and my crack was not small.

Take care my brother and God Bless!

Bubba

Glad you are ok, bike parts are easily fixable, human parts dont quite fix as easy nor are they replaceable...stay away from the cheap chinese knock offs on ebay for your new stator cover..get genuine OEM or something from a quality company like Woodcraft or Vortex if you upgrade your cover when you replace it. Good luck on the reassembly.

Good advice, I replaced mine with the Woodcraft.

Yes lie you said all part can be replaced and everything will be fine with lola. The most important thing is that I made home to my family. Thank you for the information I will look into it.

I'd go with a woodcraft stator if I was you. They look awesome... something about billet :laugh:

If you want 2 keep the cost down 2 a minimum I would suggest checking ebay. They always have stock stuff on there and you should be able 2 find an oem stator and color matched fender fairly cheap.

Glad 2 hear your still in 1 piece :beerchug:

glad to hear you are ok other than being a bit sore and made it home without any more issues :beerchug:

Back