There has to be a 100 tip over threads....

Mythos

Registered
...but this is traumatic. I really could use the support of my very own.

So....forgot to connect the cable to my hump and rolled the bike up the the garage to set to work reaching inside her butt like delivering a breach calf.

Turned my back to walk away 10 feet, hear horrible CRUNCH! never even saw her fall. There she lay. WTF!!! did that aftermarket side stand break? Lifted her up. Side stand fine. Must have not pushed it all the way forward to the lock and it folded back.

Left bar end mirror busted off (cheap $16, thank God I didn't get CRGs)

Clutch lever busted and bent. Hope the perch is okay.

Left side fairing major scrapes.

Top fairing minor scrapes on edge.

Stator cover scraped. NOt dented.

Brand new Sato rearset minor scrape (delrin tip took most of the damage)

Left rear tail section scraped.

I think that is it.

Have very little money to rebuild. Considering a DIY repaint with Coloright rattle cans. Lots of sanding and polishing and new stickers. Hope to get it as good as new.

Sand and rattlecan stator cover with black engine paint.

Pazzo levers.

Any thoughts?

How much you think it would cost for new side fairing and left rear tail section that houses the directional light?

I really just want to ride my baby. This was the first ride of the season. I really could have almost cried.:unhappy: feelin better now but this still sux.

Will post pics of damage when my heart can take the pain...

Really sorry to here about this. :down: I just replaced both master cylinders on my bike so, I have some shorty chazzo levers I was planning on listing in the classifieds. Let me know if you are interested.
As far as your fairings go. I tried the colorrite cans on my 09 white and the color wasn't even close. Also the side decals on a genII are $70+ dollars from Justin at Honda east Toledo. As for the tail......... Depending how big the scratch is you can just by aftermarket decals for it and basically move the "1300" decal over to cover the scratch.
Just my 2cents and good luck!!

Look at the bright side. This is a blessing in disguise. Now she has a few character marks on the outer cover and you can go play and have fun without that hidden fear of a tip over.

Hell's Bells! Every new bike that arrives at my house gets kicked over in the driveway before allowed to enter the garage. After a few scratches it's off to the races for some fun without fear of that first mark. You should be so lucky to have the beast fall over all on her own. I have to kick the fat heifer over! :dunno:

Ouch, that sound is about the worst thing ever. Id think $600-700 for the side and tail pod, but Im not up on Gen2 prices. Hit up justin and honda east to get a prices and work from there.

I have some shorty chazzo levers I was planning on listing in the classifieds.
I will consider it. NEED black. I was actually one of the first to buy the Chinazzos. I started a thread a couple years back. I bought some for my ZX-14. The fit was not perfect for that bike so I never used them. Tell you the truth, the Pazzos I bought for my 14 bind a litttle. I needed to squirt the little fulcrum that pushes in the piston with silicone.

I tried the colorrite cans on my 09 white and the color wasn't even close. How the heck do they get white wrong? Mine is 08 Black and Orange. I would need to get a two coat layer to match.

Id think $600-700 for the side and tail pod, but Im not up on Gen2 prices. Hit up justin and honda east to get a prices and work from there. That's a BIG NFWayyyyyyyy, man! Thanks. I will check HTE for price but if that is what it is, I'll paint the whole damned bike a new color. Black and scarlet red.

Dont panic just yet................ you got the orange 08 Busa. Thats a pretty popular busa so there should be tons of used fairings. Have some patience and check ebay once or twice a day to see if anybody is selling the used fairings you need. Sooner than later it will pop up and then you gotta snag it up. You will save hundreds of $$$$

I have some shorty chazzo levers I was planning on listing in the classifieds.
I will consider it. NEED black. I was actually one of the first to buy the Chinazzos. I started a thread a couple years back. I bought some for my ZX-14. The fit was not perfect for that bike so I never used them. Tell you the truth, the Pazzos I bought for my 14 bind a litttle. I needed to squirt the little fulcrum that pushes in the piston with silicone.

I tried the colorrite cans on my 09 white and the color wasn't even close. How the heck do they get white wrong? Mine is 08 Black and Orange. I would need to get a two coat layer to match.

Id think $600-700 for the side and tail pod, but Im not up on Gen2 prices. Hit up justin and honda east to get a prices and work from there. That's a BIG NFWayyyyyyyy, man! Thanks. I will check HTE for price but if that is what it is, I'll paint the whole damned bike a new color. Black and scarlet red.

Yeah.. As far as the fit of the black chazzo levers go... it's not prefect but, I never had a problem in the 3k miles or so I had them on.

As for the fairings...... I do know for a fact that even with Justin's great prices you are looking at spending at least $500 bucks. Now since yours is the black/orange combo. Did the orange part get scratched up too or just the black?

hate to hear this! +1 on checking with Justin before buying new plastics anywhere else

That sucks, but if it's any consolation, I get the award for most-retarded tip-over story. Riding one day with my wife on the back, out in the woods, going uphill, I decide I'm gonna do a U-turn, on the hill, with minimum space and a passenger on the back. Oh yeah, I weigh 155 lbs, so I'm not exactly Arnold Schwarzenegger.:banghead:

Hate to hear it, but I too have been there done that...

If you scuffed nose, side, and tail sections I would think you're north of 1K in factory plastics alone. As suggested before, check with Justin and he'll fix you up.

Sorry for the tip over.

I think like Tuf was saying and especially since money is tight Grip It and Rip It :thumbsup:

Hell's Bells! Every new bike that arrives at my house gets kicked over in the driveway before allowed to enter the garage.

:rofl: THAT is exactly what I tell people too, after dumping both bikes I've owned in my very own driveway...if I ever get another one, I am going to kick it over, get that out of the way and get on with life :laugh:

Sorry to hear about your incident...we all do it, sometimes twice so you mess up both sides (me!)...

Look at the bright side. This is a blessing in disguise. Now she has a few character marks on the outer cover and you can go play and have fun without that hidden fear of a tip over.

Hell's Bells! Every new bike that arrives at my house gets kicked over in the driveway before allowed to enter the garage. After a few scratches it's off to the races for some fun without fear of that first mark. You should be so lucky to have the beast fall over all on her own. I have to kick the fat heifer over! :dunno:

And if you don't, you've got friends who do it for you all the time! :)

Have some patience and check ebay once or twice a day to see if anybody is selling the used fairings you need.
I have increible patients but not for sitting and waiting more for working and finishing....but I 'll give Ebay a shot. Thanks.

Did the orange part get scratched up too or just the black?
Both, unfortunately. I'm going out to take pics in a few.

get on it and ride, there will always be time to fix it later
Yeah, gonna give it a test run to determine if anything feels out of whack. I'm sure it's all cosmetic.

I'll contact Honda East tomorrow.

I wiuld go with a woodcraft stator cover. They have the slider puck built in. It may be the difference later on between riding home with a bent lever or getting a truck to get home.just my two cents.

There ought to be T-shirts for this....
:laugh: lol ..as in been there, done that, etc, etc....

yeah me too. dropped my 14 in a stupider kickstand mishap. forgot to put it down.:banghead:

I wiuld go with a woodcraft stator cover.
Thank you! Very nice!! Now that is money I can see spending!! Money to mod, good; money to restore to OEM .....that's no fun at all. Just spending money!

Anyone know if the Woodcraft cover is lighter than OEM? It would have to be lighter. If memory serves there was some debate about that. I'm one of those weight reduction fanatics.

and here are the pics promised earlier. NOt so bad , eh? I mean, I can't ride the bike like that but almost tempted to touchup with a pen for the summer if need be.

Bar end mirror bung I can spray black and rotate. Never know it was rashed. Clutch lever is bent and busted.
busdamage1.jpg

Top fairing. I can fix this with a touchup pen.
busadamage2.jpg

whole side view of damage.
busadamage7.jpg

close up of side scrapes.
busadamage6.jpg

Tail pod.
busadamage3.jpg

rearset
busadamage4.jpg

stator
busadamage5.jpg

I rode the bike tonight. Everything seems fine, mechanically.

I see the fairing is gapped between the black textured plastic and the painted side piece. If there are broken tabs, I'll prolly be buying new fairings and going the easy, albeit expensive route.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel your pain. Mine tipped off a hydraulic stand the 3rd day I had it while I was giving her a massage with wax.
Called the insurance company man came out and handed me a check for $3200 and change.
GENII tip overs aren't cheap!
Good luck with the rattle colorrite cans. They SUCK! wernt event close for the 09 white.

Back