@#@## THEIVES

Geez. It seems a lot of people havce been getting their Busa's stolen lately. Mkes me really paranoid even in my little town. I do have insurrance and highly recommend that everyone get full coverage. Our Busa's are too in demand on the black market aparantly.

Hey Dezzy, really sorry to hear about your loss!
Me and my Gal went down last thursday and left out Monday, I didn't take my bike and after reading your post, Im really glad i didn't.

Hopefully it will turn up or the insurance will do the right thing!
Kevin

Yeah...This does suck...Put a damper on the whole weekend...We've got lots of money invested in this trip...I really don't know what to do other than what Revlis suggested...The resort that I'm staying at has a place to park the bikes but that's not a certain...

My insurance carried a ryder for accessories up to $3K...Maybe yours did the same...With full coverage you should get replacement value not just pay off...That's if you owed on the bike...Don't let the insurance screw you...

We're leaving at midnight...Hope to see you there...
evil.gif

Dezzy, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss! Having been the victim of auto theft myself, I know your pain....... Hope they catch the a-holes. Didn't you have an alarm system on your bike?

Oh NO! I hope they find it and the theives. Major personal violation!

Dam them theives, A guy can't trust anyone...Wish u the best in catching them...

Sorry to hear about your loss! It's a shame to work hard for your 1 week of enjoyment to have some A-hole take it away in a moment. I hope they catch them and soon.

What peeves me most is the whole trailer thing. It's like the thieves went to a friggin' buffet and got the to-go bag. Damn! Was your trailer locked up (i.e. was the wheel chocked in any way)? Or was it a simple "pull pin, lift" job?

And give that motel security guard a friggin' boot in the ass! Hit the deck and gimme fifty, you sorry sumbitch! Sleep on your post, will you?!!

Got to Myrtle Beach about 8 last night walked out this morning,my bike, my best friends bike, and the trailer were all gone. Theives took it all and I'm pissed.... And this was the week I was gonna be on a long deserved vacation.

What now? Jump in the truck and head back home...... PISSED
sorry to hear about your ordeal, this is why i say we should be allow to blow thieves heads off if we choose to but some people would say that that would be too cruel for the crime so slap in the wrist instead is what the laws allow at this time.

Don't know what to say about all these stolen bikes... I am kind of worried as well. I don't like to take my bike anywhere unless it is to ride out and ride back. (no parking if possible) I am a paranoid mother with my past experiences...

Anyway, I am also wanting to take a nice long bike trip this summer and I guess I am going to have to think of something in regards to keeping it while I am on my trip... Bikes are just so easy to hide and steal, its not even funny.

May want to invest in a GPS system and a pager alarm... Our only hope is to catch them somewhat in the act if possible... and if I did... boy would there be hell to pay.

So sorry about the bike Dezz... This has really ruined many of your vacations and I hope the bastards pay for it.!!!

Cloud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085612853 -->

Got to Myrtle Beach about 8 last night walked out this morning,my bike, my best friends bike, and the trailer were all gone. Theives took it all and I'm pissed.... And this was the week I was gonna be on a long deserved vacation.

What now? Jump in the truck and head back home...... PISSED
sorry to hear about your ordeal,  this is why i say we should be allow to blow thieves heads off if we choose to  but some people would say that that would be too cruel for the crime so slap in the wrist instead is what the laws allow at this time.
Don't know about y'all, but I am quite familiar with these types of people and the only way to deal with them is to give'em a taste of their own medicine.
devil.gif

Dang man ... sorry to hear about that ... I know you are pissed!! I had to cancel my plans to come down there ( work ) ... I hope everyone will be super extra security conscious and if you do catch them, I'll change my plans again and come down for some street justice.

holy sh!t f'in theives..... Sorry to hear about this Dezzy.....I can't believe it. Let me know if there is anything I can help with

Ok I'm back at home now and a little less pissed. hink my wife is more upset about it than I am, she's almost demanding I go out and get another --- and head back to MB with a Glock (a true ryde or die chick)

Ok here are the details
Arrived at the hotel about 8pm, BAcked the trailer in, and insured the trailer was locked to the trailer hitch which has a 1/2 trailer hitch lock on it. Headed up to my room figuring I'ld chill the night through sleep in late and unload the bike in the morning. Woke up looked out the window and noticed that my trailer was missing. Got the elevator down stairs went out side and BAM the trailers gone, the cable lock that hooks the trailer to the Jimmy is cut, and the ball on the trailer hitch is gone (had been unscrewed).

As far as insurance goes I'm still waiting on the adjuster to call. I've got almost all of my receipts but I'm not sure whether the insurance company is gonna want to pay me the $5-$6k worth of mods I've inested in this project.

I had a bad feel about going down this year. I flew down to orlando two weeks ago to pick up my parts from Gixx1300R, and finally got the bike together. All the mods finally in place and chromed out. A two and a half year project finally done. Right before I left and all the way down I kept feeling like something was gonna happen to it. For 4 hours I was watching my reaview mirror to make sure it didn't fall of the trailer. When I finally got there I was relieved and thought I was just paranoid, after finally completing the bike and getting it back together. As far as security Everything that could be done was done. They went through a lot of trouble to grab this one, and they are gonna have to cut the trailer's frame to get the bike off the trailer.. It has a Krptonite NY Forgetaboutit lock on it.

My thought is that who ever took it were professionals. Because they had to have a lot of muscle to move the trailer, and the tools to cut the locks that were on it, as well as remove the ball from the trailer hitch. Bottom Line THEY WANTED IT. And figured out a way to get it.

All I can say is they 've got good taste cause my baby was looking good and had just been waxed.

Lessons learned
1) ask about hotel security before you reserve your room
2) Love yuour bike but like anything in this world its temporal and wont be with you always
3) The biggie, Before you invest a lot in a bike invest in a COVERED TRAILER (out of sight out of mind)

Back