Theft Insurance for Bike?

Lucky34

Registered
Anyone know where I can get ONLY Theft Insurance for my bike? I tried State Farm (I think) but they said they would only do it if I insured my car with them...

Any of you have ONLY theft insurance on your bikes? Who with? I live in Florida, btw....
I don't care about full coverage or anything.. If I go down, I'll take care of it... I'm just scared of my bike getting stolen AGAIN.... Also... how honest do I have to be when they ask me if I have had any vehicle stolen in the last 3 years?
tounge.gif

It's called Comprehensive. Shop around and you'll find someone who has it and will sell it to you without all the other insurance that usually goes along with it.

Also, if you're garaging it at your home, your homeowner's policy MIGHT cover it if you're not riding it.

--Wag--

I'm not that concerned about at home anymore because I'm keeping her in my living room and I have a dog and a loaded shotgun... But i'm scared because I'm planning on going to Daytona next week and probably spending a night or two.... so ... yeah....

I just joined state farm. They quoted me $700+ for bike alone. $400+if I brought my cars along. Bye bye Geico!

I only have my bike with State Farm. Other vehicles covered by Farmers. Try another SF agent. Tell them your car ins is paid for the next 6 mo. and you will give them an opportunity to insure all your vehicles when up for renewal.

I live in CA and have Allstate for all my bikes and Comp covers theft. I also have uninsured/underinsured and liability. Everything but collision. If its my fault I have to eat it but WOW what savings on premiums!

(Lucky34 @ Mar. 01 2007,19:57) I'm not that concerned about at home anymore because I'm keeping her in my living room and I have a dog and a loaded shotgun... But i'm scared because I'm planning on going to Daytona next week and probably spending a night or two.... so ... yeah....
Put it in your room....!

I think basic fire + theft and limited liability with State Farm was about $300. In the spring i'll switch it over to full coverage and i believe they said it would be $550

Back