The worst baddest thing you ever did on your bike?

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
I will go first:

Early 70’s different country different time, 18 years old.

We were at a party, two of us, found out there was a speed check 3 miles down the highway. Those days they checked speed with a gatsometer, which were two lines running across the pavement. Speed was measured as the tire crosses the lines.

So, we removed our license plates and crossed the speed check at 110mph in a 55mph zone. When the popo ran out to stop us, we gave them the finger and disappeared. We got away, never heard anything afterwards. Pretty irresponsible, good thing Busa’s were not available to 18 year olds those days.

2nd Time, this was my bad.

Almost done with high school, 18 years old, have a motorcycle license. My buddy, same age, has the same bike wears the same helmet. We wear school uniforms. Back then in Johannesburg, you needed to be 18 to get a motorcycle license, so sometimes the popo would sit outside the high school gate and stop riders to make sure they have a drivers license.

in front of the school, there was a four lane road with an island in the center, dividing traffick going North and South.

So I get to the school gate on a 750 Suzuki GT ( Water Buffalo) and the popo stops me. I ignore him and proceed North. See him jumping on his boxer BMW, chasing me. I make a U-Turn, so now I am going South and he is going North. Then he makes the U-Turn, now we are both going South. I make another U-Turn, so I am heading North again, while he is heading South.

The above pattern continues for a while, and at the same time it is becoming spectator attractive for the school kids.

Eventually, the cop goes into the wrong lane against the flow to break the pattern and I decide to take off. No way a boxer BMW is going to catch my Suzuki and I am gone.

About 15 minutes later, my buddy, similar bike, similar helmet, similar school uniform, with no knowledge about all of this exits the school gate and gets arrested on the spot.

It ended up with me having to go back to the police station, tell them they had the wrong guy and plead guilty for not stopping when told to do so. I guess I was really lucky, it ended up with a warning with both my parents present. Have to admit, my dad was strict, but I did see a smile once it was all over.

I guess we live in a different world today.

The only thing I can recall is pulling a cat walk on my RD400 Daytona in front of an MP...they chased me into a parking lot and when he saw who I was (he lived next door to me in the barracks) he asked me if I was nuts and told me I was lucky it was him...

That little bike had a very nasty disposition and was hard to ride like a normal person...

How did that go down and end?
one of the most unbelievable stories of my life
Just put the bike back together, with the GT40 no body work, no registration . I usually go 1 mile from my house to a entrance ramp, test hit 1.2 miles, exit ramp, entrance ramp 1.2 mile test hit, exit ramp

On the return cop said he clocked me at 155, asked me to step off the bike, I stated I couldn't cause there was no side stand on the bike,(hadn't put it on yet) asked for license and reg,I tell him, bike is way expired. I have no wallet on me,
he laughs, asks me WTF!!! are you doing. I point at my datalogger box where the hump should have been and said, I just put the bike back together and was just going up the road and back to check for leaks and get some data. He looks very unamused and told me to "get this f"ing thing home NOW" told me the only reason it was not impounded was because I stopped INSTANTLY when he hit the Blues

It's been so long but reading all of these makes me remember. 2010: Racing unknown driver in Corvette on Milwaukee expressway, about 120 mph, cop on opposite side turns lights on and lurches forward apparently befuddled at how he might get over the median to chase us. We kept going. 2012: clocked at 110 mph, slowed down when I saw the car rooftop going backwards to burn a U-ey on the overpass, stopped on the on ramp to get busted by cop. That one cost me about $1300 including failed lawyer but no insurance increase and I didn't go to jail either. 2017: 180 mph down a lonely 2 mile straight stretch, nobody saw me except the car ahead of me I had to slow down for. Either I'm getting old enough to know better or I'm about due. I think I'll do it on a track if I feel I really need to do it.

Then there's 2000: trying to teach my sister in-law how to ride with me sitting on the back. We crashed my Vulcan in the mud at about 5 mph. That was sure stupid. Glad it was soft mud though. No injuries except she burned her ankle and ripped her earing. Bike had grass hanging off but otherwise not a mark on it.

It's usually so much worse to crash off road than on the road. A friend of mine punctured his helmet crashing his 4 wheeler at 70 mph. It was miraculous that he lived.
Oh ya off road crashes are far worse lol. Just if I were to go down on the road that would pretty much be it. Once I looped out my 450 going about 80 and I had a big desert tank on the bike. The tank exploded when I crashed covering me with fuel. And I ended up lighting on fire. I have 2nd and 3rd degree burns over most of my back and chest now. If I make it to 60years old I'm gonna probably wish I was dead from how bad my body already hurts lol

Oh ya off road crashes are far worse lol. Just if I were to go down on the road that would pretty much be it. Once I looped out my 450 going about 80 and I had a big desert tank on the bike. The tank exploded when I crashed covering me with fuel. And I ended up lighting on fire. I have 2nd and 3rd degree burns over most of my back and chest now. If I make it to 60years old I'm gonna probably wish I was dead from how bad my body already hurts lol
That's a really scary story.....thank goodness you are here to tell it.

Back