THE WORLD'S MOST EXPENSIVE GUAGE CLUSTER? MY POS AUDI,you'll love this

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I have an' Audi TT Roadster with like 40,000 miles on it. A while back the tach started to act weird,then warning lites,then temp guage,clock wont diplay anything(even after re-set) other than year 1998,car was not even available till 2001.:laugh: Then air bag warning,thats kind of scary,thing has air bags everywhere,are they going to explode at random.???

The "straw that broke the camels back"...House Mouse turns the car off one day. Car shut off,key out of ignition.She says "come look at this" the temp guage and the fuel gauge are in unison pretending to be wiper blades. :laugh: back and forth,back and forth. ???

So,do a little research,the guage problem is huge and worldwide. :banghead:

I have gotten recall notices for other things and Audi was qwik to fix. But not this time,recall for U.S. cars ONLY. :duh:

So off to the dealer I go. Guage cluster HAS TO BE REPLACED with updated version.

The cost.... 1500.oo bucks (and they said they were giving me a discount). "Discount this you Mutha *^-+er's." :moon:

So now we wait and hope a part is available.

Only upside: Customer lounge has GREAT coffee,and the service manager chic was hot. :drool:

RSD.

$1500.00? yeah right, i think i would be finding one in the junk yard!

I'd look for that part online...

reminds me of BMW parts...

$1500.00? yeah right, i think i would be finding one in the junk yard!

decent idea my Busa-Bro,but it will be the same piece of stock krap. Unless I were lucky enough to find the updated one(which looks identical) and would have to hope it was NOT owner-installed,because then it would lack the flashing the dearler needs to do. To much of a chance,and too much for this lazy bastid. :laugh:

Scrap yars in this 'hood rarely charge less than 50% of new...and on items like this,they know they have you by the bag. Charge a poor bastid maybe 60 or 70 % of new.

Thanks thou,

RSD.

Wow 1500 buck!!! What's an air conditioner knob cost in one of those things... on second thought maybe I don't really want to know

I have an' Audi TT Roadster with like 40,000 miles on it. A while back the tach started to act weird,then warning lites,then temp guage,clock wont diplay anything(even after re-set) other than year 1998,car was not even available till 2001.:laugh: Then air bag warning,thats kind of scary,thing has air bags everywhere,are they going to explode at random.???

The "straw that broke the camels back"...House Mouse turns the car off one day. Car shut off,key out of ignition.She says "come look at this" the temp guage and the fuel gauge are in unison pretending to be wiper blades. :laugh: back and forth,back and forth. ???

So,do a little research,the guage problem is huge and worldwide. :banghead:

I have gotten recall notices for other things and Audi was qwik to fix. But not this time,recall for U.S. cars ONLY. :duh:

So off to the dealer I go. Guage cluster HAS TO BE REPLACED with updated version.

The cost.... 1500.oo bucks (and they said they were giving me a discount). "Discount this you Mutha *^-+er's." :moon:

So now we wait and hope a part is available.

Only upside: Customer lounge has GREAT coffee,and the service manager chic was hot. :drool:

RSD.
I was just at my buddys shop yesterday and the same exact car was there for the same exact problem. audi is known for there crappy electrical issues and they are not cheap to fix. he found a used one from a junked car for $500 so look around.

Wow 1500 buck!!! What's an air conditioner knob cost in one of those things... on second thought maybe I don't really want to know

I'm saving up for one,you know,putting a little aside each month. Wife is saving the "egg money". We've cashed in some bonds,and have an' appointment with the bank....second mortgage. Should be good to go then.

:rofl:

RSD.

One things for sure,I'll never give the gift of a car to anyone again. She(the wife) has a special attachment to this car. Its cute,convertible,5-speed,turbo,blah blah blah. I've begged her to get rid of it.

Years back I gave her a jeep TJ for xmas or birthday,cant remember.She always wanted a jeep. Couple years later number 1 piston dissintegrated,destroying the motor. I dropped a new factory one back in for 4500.oo :banghead:

O'well ****e happens. :laugh:

RSD.

forget about the car already.....did you get the service manager chic's number or a picture with her?????:laugh:

Your thread lost all meaning as soon as you said hot chick and since there are no pics it didn't happen.
:rulez: :laugh:

It sucks and I hate to say it, but if that includes labor, that sounds very reasonable considering what oem parts cost these days AND it's an Audi!

Keep in mind that a gen 1 Hayabusa cluster lists for just shy of $1,000. For fun I just looked up the cluster for my Porsche and it's $3,372 discounted online. :banghead:

Back