THE WORLD'S MOST EXPENSIVE GUAGE CLUSTER? MY POS AUDI,you'll love this

It sucks and I hate to say it, but if that includes labor, that sounds very reasonable considering what oem parts cost these days AND it's an Audi!

Keep in mind that a gen 1 Hayabusa cluster lists for just shy of $1,000. For fun I just looked up the cluster for my Porsche and it's $3,372 discounted online. :banghead:

Audi...off future buy list.

Porsche...off future buy list.

RSD.

It sucks and I hate to say it, but if that includes labor, that sounds very reasonable considering what oem parts cost these days AND it's an Audi!

Keep in mind that a gen 1 Hayabusa cluster lists for just shy of $1,000. For fun I just looked up the cluster for my Porsche and it's $3,372 discounted online. :banghead:

Update: Dealer just called. The price for the part has recently gone up. Total cost now will be $1819.oo.

"I can't take anymore!" :rofl:

All I can do is laugh folks. Just laugh,and cry a little bit too.

RSD.

$1819.oo. holy cow, that's a good down payment on a FX4. Thats loonies too, double the monopoly $ in the US these days. Get one of these.

FX4.jpg

My Jeep Wrangler was like that. Gauges did whatever at times.

Sometimes the speedo would work. Other times not. When the speedo didn't work, the odometer didn't either.

We sold it with no idea what the 'real' miles were.

Chalked it up as a Chrysler product.

"NEW" SUPER COOL UPDATE: Wife's bro-in-law to the rescue. Wahhoooo. He found a company in the good Ol' U.S.A. that will re-build the cluster,and gurantee it for life. Detailed instructions on their web-site for the removal and re-install. Only "speciality tools" required, a set of Torx. :laugh:

I shall get of my azz and do things the way I always have. Do it myself. Next update about 3 weeks from now. (shipping+time for them to repair)

The cost: If it needs the MAJOR fix... 400.oo
If it needs the MINOR fix... 150.oo

Rubb-a-dubb-dubb.

Ugh. I wish you the best of luck.

As consolation in a "misery loves company" sorta way, you may find (dis?) comfort in knowing that I've had a "always on" headlights for about 10 years on my car b/c it would cost $1K or more to get the switch replaced. Eff that...I now just have daytime headlights and I never get a ticket for driving in the rain without having my headlights on. :)

I've seen a few around town, ill steal ya the gauge for $850 :laugh:

Beautiful caring thought,but you have not read the whole post. I am getting fixed up for about 400.oo:thumbsup:

Even is someone offered me the guages for FREE and I knew they were stolen.....:guns:THIEVES:crowbar:

Thanks,anyway...and,I'm glad I don't live in N.Y. or else some poor sap would possibly be getting sold my shiddy busted guages.:laugh:

RSD.

UPDATE: Company has received my guages and are fixing them as we speak.

Nothing wrong with the LCD part so......total cost will be 160 bucks + shipping. Wahoooo.

Plus,it gets even better.

I'm gonna put the whole cost on the wife's credit card. :laugh: A person should never leave those things layin' around. :rofl:

Rubbah. Huntin' and Killin' one Audi at a time. :guns:

Back