The worlds best motorcycle roads

Blueridge parkway
Cherohala Skyway
Deals Gap
I'd like to hit a few of the roads around deals gap. Maybe we can hit em up at the fall bash.
Wanna check out chimney mountain this weekend?

I'm kind of close to to West Va route. I'll have to give it a try. I do know the roads from Staunton Va to there are very good.
wowold.gif

I do not think that list is all that great myself.... has some good ones but looks pretty limited... not a single European road either??
rock.gif

Eastern Oregon has some of the best riding in the country. Lots of it as well. Sparsely populated. I just spent five days in that neck of the woods with MJN and never hit the same road twice. Check out MJN's thread on his Oregon Ride, you'll see what I mean.

Angeles Crest Hwy. (CA 2) longer than just 11 miles and faster sweepers! Its even cool to ride into the LA smog layer to get to the clean air above it.

The best of the best is little river road to cades cove in the smokies, try it the next time you go to the gap.
ThumbsUp.gif

Btw, if you like that map they've got on that site: http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/07/ride-the-worlds.html

Check out this map I've created with same software.
lurk.gif
Handy stuff.

http://www.pashnit.com/ridemap/ridemap.php

They got a couple good roads around here and there. Couple.
bowdown.gif
firedevil.gif

Interesting they'd include Mines-San Antonio Rd up to Lick Observatory. Those sorts of lists are always hard to do as everyone has their favorites. Awhile back, another article came out with the Top 10 in the World (owner of Edlewiess Tours wrote it) and named Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd on Central Big Sur Coast as in that top 10. Goaty but good. Not sure if it'd be top 10 in world. See what I mean. Pretty subjective stuff.

Good view though.
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

Img_1655_800.jpg

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

And on a similar note, I've posted this before, but maybe for the newbs, bears re-posting. Got asked to do an article awhile back on the Top 5 in California. Fun to write, but hard to please everybody.

FZ_BestRoads1.jpg

that 36 with 140 miles of twisties is one fun road did that one with a few of the org members not long ago

here we are at the end of skaggs............

org_skaggs_ride_2_44__2_.jpg

And on a similar note, I've posted this before, but maybe for the newbs, bears re-posting. Got asked to do an article awhile back on the Top 5 in California. Fun to write, but hard to please everybody.
As always...informative and awe inspiring posts/pictures. I would just like to point out how unfair it is to have that many scenic and technical roads in one state.

Maybe after I retire and California stops burning I'll get out there for one of your trips...
thumb_up.gif

Back