The world lost a great person today

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Can't believe no one even mentioned him here...

R.I.P. Nelson Mandela...truly a man to respect, one that did so much for others, always. Those shoes are big to fill...

:please:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Ya the man was pretty amazing. At 95 we really didnt lose anything, we were lucky to have a man of his character as long as we did. RIP. By the way who are you and what did you do with Vabs?

R.I.P - Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela - Respect to a true gentleman, end to an era that I won't see in my lifetime again. Condolences to his family and friends. If I could achieve only a quarter of what you have accomplished in my lifetime , I would be a better man.

Just to keep it real, let us not forget history.....

The State v. Nelson Mandela et al, Supreme Court of South Africa, Transvaal Provincial Division, 1963-1964, Indictment.

One count under the South African Suppression of Communism Act No. 44 of 1950, charging that the accused committed acts calculated to further the achievement of the objective of communism;

• One count of contravening the South African Criminal Law Act (1953), which prohibits any person from soliciting or receiving any money or articles for the purpose of achieving organized defiance of laws and country; and

• Two counts of sabotage, committing or aiding or procuring the commission of the following acts:

1) The further recruitment of persons for instruction and training, both within and outside the Republic of South Africa, in:

(a) the preparation, manufacture and use of explosives—for the purpose of committing acts of violence and destruction in the aforesaid Republic, (the preparation and manufacture of explosives, according to evidence submitted, included 210,000 hand grenades, 48,000 anti-personnel mines, 1,500 time devices, 144 tons of ammonium nitrate, 21.6 tons of aluminum powder and a ton of black powder);

(b) the art of warfare, including guerrilla warfare, and military training generally for the purpose in the aforesaid Republic;

(ii) Further acts of violence and destruction, (this includes 193 counts of terrorism committed between 1961 and 1963);

(iii) Acts of guerrilla warfare in the aforesaid Republic;

(iv) Acts of assistance to military units of foreign countries when involving the aforesaid Republic;

(v) Acts of participation in a violent revolution in the aforesaid Republic, whereby the accused, injured, damaged, destroyed, rendered useless or unserviceable, put out of action, obstructed, with or endangered:

(a) the health or safety of the public;
(b) the maintenance of law and order;

(c) the supply and distribution of light, power or fuel;
(d) postal, telephone or telegraph installations;
(e) the free movement of traffic on land; and
(f) the property, movable or immovable, of other persons or of the state.

And here's a few of his more inspirational points:

“If there is a country that has committed unspeakable atrocities in the world, it is the United States of America”—Nelson Mandela

“With our boxes of matches and our necklaces, we shall liberate this country.”—Winnie Mandela, a public quote from 1986 that her husband never disavowed. (Necklacing is the act of placing a gasoline filled tire around the neck of the victim and lighting it on fire so they burn to death slowly.)

“We Communist Party members are the most advanced revolutionaries in modern history ... the enemy must be wiped out from the face of the earth before a Communist world can be realized.”—Nelson Mandela, during his 1962 trial for terrorism. Quoted in The Wanderer, July 1, 1990, page 6.

Since the end of apartheid, there have been almost 70,000 white farmers killed, that's just farmers. Plus the ANC have killed blacks during their terrorist efforts in ending apartheid. South African whites have it FAR WORSE under the ANC than blacks had it under the apartheid state. So bad that an outside, unbiased organization named "genocide watch" has taken notice to the situation there. Every policy is anti-white in South Africa, from jobs to education, all racially biased in favor of blacks. The current government ignores the overwhelming amount of hate crimes, rapes and murders where whites are victims. They sing songs about killing the whites, Zuma included. The scene in South Africa is worse than it was under apartheid, the west doesn't know because the west only empathizes with the victimization of blacks and other non-whites.

He was on our terror list until 2008.

There's quite a bit of photographical evidence that paints him as not the Saint the current press would make you believe....he may have 'mellowed' later in life, but when he was younger...he's no Ghandi...

In addition, SA has really gone downhill economically since the 'liberation'. If it wasn't for the diamonds, they'd be in real trouble...

I will be the first to admit, he was no saint, but he did bring peace to this country, all the issues that have happened is after he had finished his term as president of the country, where the people that followed him in the presidency did not have the moral compass of his latter years. Yes there is a lot of wrong in this country and there is a lot of positive aspects, but bringing this country in full democracy will not happen over night. There is still a lot of anger and hatred here, but with time and positive outlook, we can change this country around.

If Blanca's post is even remotely accurate, it sure does prove the point that there are three sides to every story...and only one of them is the truth. ???

If Blanca's post is even remotely accurate, it sure does prove the point that there are three sides to every story...and only one of them is the truth. ???

That's only his highlights. He was responsible for much more.
Remember he and his crew used to necklace people by putting a gas filled tire over them and setting them alight.
He was no saint to me.

Jailed for 27 years, he emerged in 1990 to become the country's first black president 4 years later
and to play a leading role in the drive for peace in other spheres of conflict.
He won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1993.

What a man. RIP

I sure hope when I die you guys can talk about what a prick I was. :laugh:

Heck, you can all start now.. :down:

Jailed for 27 years, he emerged in 1990 to become the country's first black president 4 years later
and to play a leading role in the drive for peace in other spheres of conflict.
He won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1993.

What a man. RIP

Kinda reminds me of Marion Barry. A criminal turned politician.

If blacks had done same violent acts here on whites as the ANC did in SA they would have never gotten to where they are today. MLK led them thru travesty and injustice peacefully. The ANC murdered thousands of whites.

Do not forget history and let CNN build him up to be one he wasn't.

Kinda reminds me of Marion Barry. A criminal turned politician.

If blacks had done same violent acts here on whites as the ANC did in SA they would have never gotten to where they are today. MLK led them thru travesty and injustice peacefully. The ANC murdered thousands of whites.

Do not forget history and let CNN build him up to be one he wasn't.

So quick to drag him thru the mud but even quicker to defend any put down of any middle eastern person or group. Mandela was far from a saint but there are thousands in the middle east that do much worse than he everyday yet you sing their praises. What a hypocrite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back