The VP is in the Neighborhood

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
The battlefield park is about 2 blocks from my office :)

**** Cheney is spending the day at the battle of Chickamauga. Check back soon here at NewsChannel9.com for more on his visit and be sure to join us for NewsChannel 9 begining at 5.

CHICKAMAUGA, Ga. (AP) - Vice President **** Cheney told Civil War re-enactors at Chickamauga that the history of the battlefield where his great grandfather fought as a union officer 145 years ago is inspiring.

The vice president spoke Friday to start a weekend of cannon blasts and shooting on the 145th anniversary of the South's last major victory of the war. Speaking to more than 5,000 people, some wearing woolen soldier uniforms and busloads of northwest Georgia students, Cheney said it is "amazing and inspiring to think about the history that was made in this corner of America."

Event director Reece Sexton says Cheney accepted an invitation to return to the site where his great-grandfather, Samuel Fletcher Cheney, was a union lieutenant.

Last edited:
Please let us know if he shoots anyone in the face while he's there, won't you, Don?

:laugh:

:whistle:

:rofl:

QUOTE=Scar;1696872]Please let us know if he shoots anyone in the face while he's there, won't you, Don?

:laugh:

:whistle:

:rofl:[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Bet you could get lots of birds in Georgia with one of them there cannons!:laugh:

I'm heading to Nightfall...you can keep checking th for updates.

Nightfall...I'm riding this bike tonight :)

p1020381.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that Bill Clinton in disguise, in the right-hand side of the pic, with his camera-phone?

Bill, Bill, Bill...you'll never change. :beerchug:

I was going to ask if he wanted to hear about your campaign. but that photo threw me off track.... yeowza.... can I have the seat? :rofl:

Back