The Vodka Burner (unbelievable video)

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
A fully loaded Russian IL-76 cargo plane...... payload 1 million pounds!!!! This really raises the pucker factor....

Listen to the "controllers" in the tower who are Australian: Ya gotta love it. "The Vodka Burner" as the Aussies call it, literally uses every inch of runway.......

WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO.. (shot from the tower)
You can HEAR THE CONVERSATION IN THE TOWER. They are incredulous--that it makes it....

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/2008-2-9-Il76-in-Australia.wmv

We have them come intp the air port here a few times a week. Seems these guys are paid by the pound to fly.. Had one the other day that we were taking bets on if it was gonna clear the tree tops.

Amazing vid. Wish they had identified the airport so I could find out how long the runway is.

that was the slowest exceleration i have ever seen on a jet...needs a couple of busa motors to help it out

No Million Pound Payload, and Not that big... The Daddy to this IL76 is the AN124. The AN124s father is the An225. One of which is still used commercially for truly HUGE loads.

The IL76 is kind of antique and has a max payload of about 50 tons. Max take off weight is 346,000lbs Kinda Scrawny. Dwarfed by even the old 747.

Here's some details on the 225. A Fully Loaded 747 or 124 comes in just under 1million pounds. But that's Aircraft and Payload.

Here's another link. Antonov 225

Below is the 225. I saw it at DIA a few years ago parked out on the ramp, it looked surreal, no way anything that big can fly... Now the AN225 has a maximum take off weight of 1.2million pounds. Check out the first link...

Still the video is entertaining and the pilot uses every last inch of that runway, which would appear to be kinda short, not the three miles or so commonly found at International airports.

Now this is big!!! And google is our friend... :thumbsup:

Here's another vid

an225_05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the big planes... In Saudi we'd sit there and just watch the Earth Rotate under the C-5 Galaxies as they departed. They make a very cool growl, a sound that's pretty unique.

VERY Cool, and not much runway required...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back