The value of keeping a dog at home...

Projekt

Registered
Dogs are better than any electronic security system. I awoke at around 0355 to the neighbor's barking dogs. Found the overwhelming need to get up and go for a foot patrol in the neighborhood. No obvious reason to do so but this morning my mom told me to take a look at the front window screen. It had been pried out on one corner and was indicative of a prowler having paid us a visit. Now I am tempted to stretch out under the same window with a bowie knife at my side just to see who might give me the pleasure of putting it to use.....
Sweet dreams everyone...

yep dogs are the best security money can buy. guns, security systems, cops, etc... dont even come close to what a big nasty dog will do which is PREVENT the intrusion to ur family so they can move on to the next house that doesnt have a dog.

Couldn't agree more.... You never have to worry about if you set the alarm or the power going out. Dogs aren't like people. They don't take vacations or a smoke break. They will defend your home come hell or high water! Everybody wants to talk about how they need 27 guns in their basement 4 protection. Well 1 pitbull or german shepard is all you need, they will never jam or need reloaded:whistle:

My German Shepherd puppy sleeps under my Busa, I offer to bring him in the house but he won't. He sleeps right there with her. :goodboy::thumbsup: I also have a Mastiff / Boxer mix that keeps the rest of the house under his watchful eye. :watching:

Agreed, a dog will save you the expense of facing criminal charges as a result of undertaking home defense with a firearm. As cool as it sounds to blast a fool that gets into your house, it is better left to man's best friend to prevent that from ever happening.

Just got done talking to the HAYWARD PD about the incident for their situational awareness. It is something we cannot forget to do, all crimes whether attempted or accomplished must be reported as a simple component of civic duty.

My German Shepherd puppy sleeps under my Busa, I offer to bring him in the house but he won't. He sleeps right there with her. :goodboy::thumbsup: I also have a Mastiff / Boxer mix that keeps the rest of the house under his watchful eye. :watching:

I think I speak for the crew here on this forum when I say: "Post Pics!"

I got 3 little $hitzz zus... they get riled up pretty easy when things go bump in the night. They can't fight off an intruder but are still hard wired for guard duty alerts anytime day or night.

He's a bruiser,but wouldn't bust a grape...though strangers don't know that.:laugh:

IMG_0018.jpg

Always on watch. Or sleeping.

image-2619914793.jpg

image-474802669.jpg

The best welcome mat you can buy. That **** zu is the boss though.

image-2619914793.jpg

image-474802669.jpg

Here is how my home protection spends most of his time... Usually in sleep mode but can go to attack mode within 2 seconds,, its not the dog you have to worry about... I gave up knives back when I was a kid:whistle:

2012-08-26_14-31-44_433.jpg

Dogs are great alarm systems and can prevent crime by alerting property owners and scaring criminals off. They can be easily overcome, but they are great to have around for many reasons.

To OP, just make sure all your doors and windows are secure. Someone was looking for an opportunity and probably moved on. Goes for the vehicles too.

You still live with your mom?

:laugh:

Hell yeah!

Why leave, she cooks, cleans, does my laundry and when she's feeling squirrelly she even makes my bed and chastises me for not doing so myself.

My allowance ain't bad either as long as I do my chores and promise not to thread-jack topics with silly comments on the org.

By the way, don't go near her when she's got the wire handle fly swatter in her hand because she'll swat the snot out of you while making tacos. I love my mother.. If she's still around, you should consider having your's move in to help take care of the family and just be around.

(sarcasm off) The truth is that I have spent the better part of 18 years away and never spent much more than a week or two at a time with mom with long gaps in between and this is a nice readjustment to stateside living. The fact of the matter is that this is my sister's house which she and her husband invited my mother to live in so as to assist with her needs as a bedridden diabetic with kidney failure, motor function impairment as well as inability to feed herself or make her own way to the bathroom. As much as it pains me to be back under a common roof with family for reasons we all know about, it is also my duty as a son to be close in my family's time of need. I have been roused out of deep sleep more times than I can count because my sister has fallen off the bed and I am the only one that has the strength to pick her up. Thank god for bodybuilding and the fortitude it has given me to be able to man up in times like these... I did think your remark was funny as hell though.

Here is how my home protection spends most of his time... Usually in sleep mode but can go to attack mode within 2 seconds,, its not the dog you have to worry about... I gave up knives back when I was a kid:whistle:

But knives are cool and do a good job bleeding somebody out before the cops arrive thus ensuring no chance of testimony. Don't get me wrong, I am a big proponent of martial arts as my total defense envelope but a Marine once taught me where to stick it. :whistle:

But knives are cool and do a good job bleeding somebody out before the cops arrive thus ensuring no chance of testimony. Don't get me wrong, I am a big proponent of martial arts as my total defense envelope but a Marine once taught me where to stick it. :whistle:
Forgive me for saying this.

They're quiet and therefore don't bring friends.

Hell yeah!

Why leave, she cooks, cleans, does my laundry and when she's feeling squirrelly she even makes my bed and chastises me for not doing so myself.

My allowance ain't bad either as long as I do my chores and promise not to thread-jack topics with silly comments on the org.

By the way, don't go near her when she's got the wire handle fly swatter in her hand because she'll swat the snot out of you while making tacos. I love my mother.. If she's still around, you should consider having your's move in to help take care of the family and just be around.

(sarcasm off) The truth is that I have spent the better part of 18 years away and never spent much more than a week or two at a time with mom with long gaps in between and this is a nice readjustment to stateside living. The fact of the matter is that this is my sister's house which she and her husband invited my mother to live in so as to assist with her needs as a bedridden diabetic with kidney failure, motor function impairment as well as inability to feed herself or make her own way to the bathroom. As much as it pains me to be back under a common roof with family for reasons we all know about, it is also my duty as a son to be close in my family's time of need. I have been roused out of deep sleep more times than I can count because my sister has fallen off the bed and I am the only one that has the strength to pick her up. Thank god for bodybuilding and the fortitude it has given me to be able to man up in times like these... I did think your remark was funny as hell though.

Ok...Beaver. :)

I live or should I say my mother inlaw lives with me and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Same thing, best cook in town. My wife can burn a frozen waffle.
And I see my mom almost daily too.

Ok...Beaver. :)

I live or should I say my mother inlaw lives with me and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Same thing, best cook in town. My wife can burn a frozen waffle.
And I see my mom almost daily too.

Don't sweat me for being a momma's boy if youz one too.. Momma's boy! :moon:

Back