The unthinkable has happened

busa_boy_69

Registered
Well I just wanted to let some of you know the bad ride I had today. If anyone read a couple of weeks ago I posted a couple topics stating that I was having a backfire problem. Well a few guys said tp try the marble mod or pair removal to see if it stopped it. Well this morning I went out and did the marble mod. Nice and easy. I take the bike out for a short ride to see if the backfire had stopped I was only out for about 20 minutes. All of the sudden I look back and see dark smoke coming out of the right exhaust. I am thinking it's a fuel mixture problem because the bike is showing no signs of a problem. Temp is normal, no check engine lights on, no pwer loss, running just like normal. But even though I am thinking it's only a fuel problem I go straight home which is 5 minutes away. Well as soon as I pull in the garage and step off there is smoking coming from the pipes bigtime. I look down and it is DRIPPING OIL on the ground!!! I am like WTF! I look at the side of the bike and there is oil on the fairing, swingarm, back tire, I mean everywhere. I have not pulled the fairings off cuz it just happened and for one I am still pissed and for another I want the shop to see exactly where it sprayed from. So I am thinking at this point I have a blown valve or piston since it was a couple thousand miles from adjustment anyways and I had a bad backfire to begin with. I swear guys. What would you all say? I have the extended warranty so do you think I should be worried? What do you think it is that blew? If it does require new valves and #### like that would you guys advise a big bore? I know KS Waterbug had an issue like this a while back and he bored his out. I swear I am so upset. I have maintened this bike so perfectly and did everything that was supposed to be done I can't believe this happened. SIGH

Dam that sucks
sad.gif
You really should take the plastics off and look around. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you plugged the correct hose with the marble? It would be better for you to find it if you caused it, than for the dealership to find it and void your warranty. I'm not saying you have tear down the engine, just look back over the work you did, and make sure it wasn't your own doing.

Good Luck
cool.gif

you sure you put that marble in the correct hose and not a cranckcase vent tube?
you try removing the marble, refilling the oil and running the motor again before taking it in?

It sounds to me as if you may have plugged the wrong hose. I had a similiar problem one time when I was installing an oil catch can on my Supra. DEFINETLY take the fairings off and see where the problem area lies.

you sure you put that marble in the correct hose and not a cranckcase vent tube?
you try removing the marble, refilling the oil and running the motor again before taking it in?
this mod makes me laff....

a marble.... a fuggin' marble....

I have warned about this mod before.
I think its stoopid.
Others,think I'm stoopid.
Why not just use common sense...do it right.

that...or you could stuff a marble somewhere hehehhehe

for yer sake busaboy.... I hope you've just stuffed yer marble up the wrong hole...

and not VOIDED YOUR WARRANTY.

Definately remove the marble before taking it to the dealer. If you put the marble in the wrong line, ....

jeez I hope you didn't do that...

yah.. take the time to put it back to 99.9% factory before you let the dealer have it...

I swear I think some of them look for reasons not to fix stuff as opposed to looking for a reason to fix them.

yah.. take the time to put it back to 99.9% factory before you let the dealer have it...

I swear I think some of them look for reasons not to fix stuff as opposed to looking for a reason to fix them.
an' so they should....

"Hello Mr.Dealership Man, I tried to refine my bike(the world's fastest production vehicle"

with a fuggin' marble....

and now you...yes you...my dealer, should pull one of your tecnicians off those 8 or 9 service jobs he's currently working on, and get his azz over here and fix the problem I started with a fuggin' marble.

definately..... remove the marble before ripping off yer local dealer and Suzuki,and God,and society....and yer conscious...

a marble..... who'd a thought.....
biggrin.gif

juzz kiddin....

a marble....  a fuggin' marble....

I think its stoopid.

that...or you could stuff a marble somewhere  hehehhehe

for yer sake busaboy....  I hope you've just stuffed yer marble up the wrong hole...

Ditto!
wink.gif

Well I just wanted to let some of you know the bad ride I had today. If anyone read a couple of weeks ago I posted a couple topics stating that I was having a backfire problem. Well a few guys said tp try the marble mod or pair removal to see if it stopped it. Well this morning I went out and did the marble mod. Nice and easy. I take the bike out for a short ride to see if the backfire had stopped I was only out for about 20 minutes. All of the sudden I look back and see dark smoke coming out of the right exhaust. I am thinking it's a fuel mixture problem because the bike is showing no signs of a problem. Temp is normal, no check engine lights on, no pwer loss, running just like normal. But even though I am thinking it's only a fuel problem I go straight home which is 5 minutes away. Well as soon as I pull in the garage and step off there is smoking coming from the pipes bigtime. I look down and it is DRIPPING OIL on the ground!!! I am like WTF! I look at the side of the bike and there is oil on the fairing, swingarm, back tire, I mean everywhere. I have not pulled the fairings off cuz it just happened and for one I am still pissed and for another I want the shop to see exactly where it sprayed from. So I am thinking at this point I have a blown valve or piston since it was a couple thousand miles from adjustment anyways and I had a bad backfire to begin with. I swear guys. What would you all say? I have the extended warranty so do you think I should be worried? What do you think it is that blew? If it does require new valves and #### like that  would you guys advise a big bore? I know KS Waterbug had an issue like this a while back and he bored his out. I swear I am so upset. I have maintened this bike so perfectly and did everything that was supposed to be done I can't believe this happened. SIGH
If you didn't hear any bad noises, lose a ton of power, or lose a cylinder or 2 as you were riding you didn't do any major engine damage. You will know when you do major engine damage...it aint hard to miss
wink.gif
You just plugged the wrong line and pushed oil out of your motor...more than likely if you remove the marble it'll go back to its backfiring self. And you'll just be left with a whole lotta clean up
wow.gif
20 mins is about the amount of time it would take before the oil would start to be real noticeable. The reason you saw smoke coming out your pipes is because the crankcase vents into the airbox for emissions reasons...which would pile the oil right into your engine. Just make SURE if you do take it to the dealer the way it is you remove the marble and hook everything back up the way it was...and don't say a word about messing with ANYthing
wink.gif

wink.gif

Thanks for taking the time to respond guys. Here is the situation. I didn't pull the fairings because I still want the mechanic at the dealership to be able to see where the oil sprayed exactly but I did do the following. I raised the tank back up and the marble was right where it supposed to be in the pair valve tube not the crank case breather line but just to be safe I removed it. I also removed the pcIII and the slip ons and even put the factory air filter back on so engine wise my bike is 100% factory now. I will be taking it in to be checked out on monday. I was kinda worried it was something I did to so I rechecked my work. I guess I will find out what they have to say about it at the dealer but I know there has been a problem building the past month or so anyways with that backfire getting worse and worse. But it makes me feel a little better that it might not be anything major because as you guys were saying I had NO LOSS of power at all the bike was riding just as strong as normal. I didn't hear any ticking or anything in the engine in fact the only noise I heard was a high pitch ringing sound but it was VERY low almost too low to hear with the helmet on. But mechanically the engine gave me no sign that anything was wrong. I will keep you all posted when i find out about it next week.
BB69

Yeah, I would have to agree. Take out any friggin marble before you get to the dealer.

No - I know my shop doesn't look for reasons to void warrantees - but we always seem to find reasons why the warrantee should be voided. If you are too friggin lazy to 'un-mod' it before you go to the dealer with your woes - well shame on you. Your the guy who deservess to have his warrantee voided. Your the guy who blames it all on someone else and probably is skating through life doing the same damn $hit. At the end of the day when your pointing the finger at someone else - there's three fingers pointing right back at you.

I do not know what has happened - but - check and be sure to remove any marbles before you go into the dealer.

Sounds like you may have a couple of problems happening at the same time! The oil problem sounds like to me you have a hole in your oil cooler or lines. Might be lose, etc... The rich condition could be a host of things. Some questions to think about... Did you have a map made for your bike or are you using a generic one? Are the plugs fouled? Does the problem subside when you forgo using the PC? I'll bet this is something simple and not complicated. When my engine went south made one last noise! Sounded a lot like a semi using there jake brake. Can't miss this one...... Anyway I hope you get er figured out! Stinks not having your bike over the summer.
smile.gif

Sounds like you may have a couple of problems happening at the same time! The oil problem sounds like to me you have a hole in your oil cooler or lines. Might be lose, etc... The rich condition could be a host of things. Some questions to think about... Did you have a map made for your bike or are you using a generic one? Are the plugs fouled? Does the problem subside when you forgo using the PC? I'll bet this is something simple and not complicated. When my engine went south made one last noise! Sounded a lot like a semi using there jake brake. Can't miss this one...... Anyway I hope you get er figured out! Stinks not having your bike over the summer.
smile.gif
Well thanks for your input. Here is how things are sitting. I used a map from power commanders website for my exact mods. The rich problem could be exactly that the map needs to be reworked more specifically for my bike. Now that this has happend I stripped all my mods off the bike before I take it to Suzuki. So when I do fire this thing back up with the factory setup I will see if it still backfires. I just can't start it up till I get it to the shop and get the damage looked at. I pulled the plugs last night and they aren't fouled either so thats not the issue. As it is right now all mods have been pulled and it's waiting for Monday morning to go see Suzuki. I will find out what the deal is then.

Yeah, I would have to agree. Take out any friggin marble before you get to the dealer.

No - I know my shop doesn't look for reasons to void warrantees - but we always seem to find reasons why the warrantee should be voided. If you are too friggin lazy to 'un-mod' it before you go to the dealer with your woes - well shame on you. Your the guy who deservess to have his warrantee voided. Your the guy who blames it all on someone else and probably is skating through life doing the same damn $hit. At the end of the day when your pointing the finger at someone else - there's three fingers pointing right back at you.

I do not know what has happened - but - check and be sure to remove any marbles before you go into the dealer.
I already removed the marble and all my mods right after this happened yesterday. It looks sick. it lost the power commander, slip ons, and air filter. Good thing I keep all my factory stuff though. Thanks for the advice on that one but I am not that lazy or dumb. lol

a marble....  a fuggin' marble....

I think its stoopid.

that...or you could stuff a marble somewhere  hehehhehe

for yer sake busaboy....  I hope you've just stuffed yer marble up the wrong hole...

Dam Rub, tell us how you really feel.
tounge.gif

Back