The Unthinkable Happened Today

I swear I know where I can buy a 08 @ a nice price,I'm tempted to set it up near where this occured and unleash hell on these SOB's when I'm there on leave.I know the Chief of police there,may see if we can do something about this.

Damn Ken sorry to hear i don't know what i woulda done if i woulda actually seen Berserk get stolen Getting the news over the phone was bad enough

I think it's time to go hunting

Isn't Bragg a closed post? You would need an ID and Sticker on your car or a pass. If the car had temp tags it probably did not have a DOD sticker and needed to be registered.

Sucks either way.

Sorry bout this my brother, but it sounds like you've given law enforcement a lot of information and maybe they can make some arrest.

Glad you had her insured. :thumbsup:

Enough with the 'sorry for your loss' replies already. We need to know what you did or didn't do to secure your bike when it was parked, and how the thieves stole it.

Would they have been able to take it if you had done what I do whenever I have mine parked for any length of time:
1. Use the delivered front fork locking mechanism.
2. Put my disc brake lock on the rear.
3. Cover the bike and lock the cover through the front wheel with a cable lock.

OH NO KEN!!! I can't believe it...and you watched?! I would have blown my lid, but what can you do from your office :down:

I hope they catch the guys...thieves :banghead:

Holy crap man!!!! A government facility parking lot? Ft Bragg? In complete daylight? Did I understand this correctly!? You also mention its the 18th one in the last year? Boy those guys do have some balls but it sure looks like the facility isn't doing much to improve on this if there have been a consecutive 18 stolen!!!
My heart feels heavy for you man! This also scares me because if its that easy to repeatedly steel bikes even within a government controlled property, I now imagine my poor sweet Busa doesn't stand a chance and I've only been lucky till now. :-( Bike theives should be roped to the back of a bike and dragged at 70 MPH for 2 miles as punishment!!!!:madfire:

The CID is gonna have some fun with this one; you have enough info for them to find the POS. There are cameras on every entrance and exit I guarantee it. Go talk to the MP's and the CID guys. They had to have a sticker and some kind of ID to get onto post. IF they do nothing, go to the local paper/television and see if they'll do a story on it, the public relations fallout will get someone on post moving on it.

Kinda stupid to steal from a soldier that know's how to shoot and has the mindset for it....keep us posted as I'll bet they get busted quickly. Good luck Soldier and thank you for your service!

That sucks, bro. You can file a claim with the post/gov't too--recover anything insurance doesn't cover--you'll get your deductible back at the very least.

Did not know that.

I swear I know where I can buy a 08 @ a nice price,I'm tempted to set it up near where this occured and unleash hell on these SOB's when I'm there on leave.I know the Chief of police there,may see if we can do something about this.

I wanna see this guy kill someone!!! :laugh::laugh:

It's amazing how much theft goes on within the confines of a military installation. This, however, is a pretty "visible" crime. Simply astonishing.

I agree. Check with the gate, the sign-in log, and check for footage. See if the guards follow the SOP for entry or if the just wave the vehicle(s) in. Getting on a base/post isn't that easy.

Sorry for your loss!

Back