The ugly (and beauty) of lane sharing in California

I guess people out there people are used to it maybe and keep an eye out. In New England I could be on fire with thirty foot flames shooting off me, on someones hood flailing about with my bike dragging under the car and they probably still wouldnt notice. Be safe out there.

Freeway lane splitting is the best. Saves a bunch of time and if done legally it's safer than dealing with drivers here in Missouri in normal traffic.

First time I saw it done was in Toronto, a herd of bikes were travelling and as soon as they got into traffic, they all split up and filtered through the traffic, there was even a cop car in the mix but there was zero he could do except probably radio ahead as he was stuck in the traffic line as well..

I thought to myself all it would take is one or two cars to veer over just a bit and those bikes are going down...

Freeway
lane splitting
is the best . . .

Saves a bunch of time
and if done legally it is safer
than dealing with drivers here
in Missouri with normal traffic .

:poke:

I lane split through stopped traffic occasionally here in Missouri, albeit illegally. It's my way of introducing it. People get used to it or they don't lol.

Few people lane split. If you are jumping from lane to lane that's weaving not lane splitting. I lane split in California and with a fat bird like the Busa is easy to go down if it gets too tight. So what do I do? I honk their ass to make way. Car is supposed to move over slightly in your lane so that you can pass. If he doesn't I honk his ass lol. Some never even saw me coming. A few beeps rectifies that. Once they see it's a Busa they make way quick.

Its legal to do this in AUSTRALIA and sometime in heavy traffic I do it to but still cautious about doing it I take it pretty easy you never know someone might side swipe you :thumbsup:

Back