The ugly (and beauty) of lane sharing in California

880jedi

Registered
Yes it's dangerous, but it's a privilege we enjoy, and would be stuck in traffic if we couldn't do it.

Most days it works, but once in a while you get a close call.

Go ahead and throw the tomato's now. :laugh:

This is me playing Jedi mind tricks on the traffic.

I do it ALL the time its very addicting, I also have a Stebul air horn hidden and when I blast it, it sound like a Mack Truck. the horn is very small and very loud.:laugh: PS the only bummer is when 2 full size trucks are side by side. It's not the trucks but the LARGE side view mirrors, OYE

Most people out here are pretty good about moving over when they see you coming.Back when i had my '02 Busa(in '02)i was working construction in Hollywood and on my way home(50 mile commute)traffic had stopped so i started splitting lanes,kept track on my speedo and ended up going 17 miles(car had caught on fire and had all lanes blocked/backed up for the 17 miles).:laugh:

Most people out here are pretty good about moving over when they see you coming.Back when i had my '02 Busa(in '02)i was working construction in Hollywood and on my way home(50 mile commute)traffic had stopped so i started splitting lanes,kept track on my speedo and ended up going 17 miles(car had caught on fire and had all lanes blocked/backed up for the 17 miles).:laugh:

Now that is why we need to keep the dream alive!! :thumbsup:

Now that is why we need to keep the dream alive!! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

As long as the lanes are full on both sides i don't worry too much,it's when there's an opening in one or the other ya really have to be on guard as you know most of these fools will switch lanes just to gain that extra 20 feet further up the freeway.:laugh:

I really miss being able to do that. Since I moved to Washington state, I have to consciously prevent myself from doing it. It's so frustrating to be stuck in traffic now. 20 years of splitting lanes in California, got me very accustomed to just doing it without thinking about it. :banghead:

I really miss being able to do that. Since I moved to Washington state, I have to consciously prevent myself from doing it. It's so frustrating to be stuck in traffic now. 20 years of splitting lanes in California, got me very accustomed to just doing it without thinking about it. :banghead:

If I had to move from California to another state, I'd just leave the bike behind. :laugh:

I thought wow "at the end of video" why isn't that cop pulling him over. Then I read on its legal!! your lucky, I wish I could do that in Pigeon Forge traffic on weekends :rofl:

I feel you. I ride 80 miles a day on 5 different interstates and highways here in SoCal. Definitely had my fair share of people not paying attention. Good looking out!

Back