The travel industry is definitely getting hammered...

Slowstang305

Registered
I'm not sure how they are getting passed this virus thing. A round trip flight on Spirit to Denver and back to Miami (Roundtrip) is $42 including all taxes. A 4 star hotel room in Denver which is $180 a night is now $55. My GF is diabetic but if she wasn't I think I would risk it!

There are going to be long lasting financial repercussions after this virus is deemed under control...

The only good news coming out of all this is pollution is at an all time low.

I work in IT for a big travel business, ( 10000 staff in Aust, 17000 globally).
We are hurting bad at the moment. We are closing over 100 stores across Australia in the next 4 weeks. Layoffs in other areas to be announced shortly. Our share price has fallen 65% in 10 days. We have expenditure of running a major business, but no income at the moment.
It ain't looking good..

I work in IT for a big travel business, ( 10000 staff in Aust, 17000 globally).
We are hurting bad at the moment. We are closing over 100 stores across Australia in the next 4 weeks. Layoffs in other areas to be announced shortly. Our share price has fallen 65% in 10 days. We have expenditure of running a major business, but no income at the moment.
It ain't looking good..
How long can your organization sustain losses until the damage is permanent?

I don't feel bad for the airline industry, they've been gauging customers for the last 20 years and reporting record profits.

How long can your organization sustain losses until the damage is permanent?

I don't feel bad for the airline industry, they've been gauging customers for the last 20 years and reporting record profits.

We're retail facing, so dealing direct with the public and businesses.
Good question. We have cash reserves, but not indefinite.
Cuts are starting to happen today.
It's going to be a bumpy ride.. Wonder at which point I fall off and get left behind..

Back