The Time Has Come ... Parts Are Here And The Garage Is Prepped ...

Rivercop UK

Registered
Well, after much spending all my parts have arrived and its time to crack on.
  • Oil & Filter change
  • Spark plugs changed
  • Coolant drained
  • Radiator ultrasonic cleaned
  • New decat headers put on (With 18mm wideband bung installed)
  • Exhaust heat wrapped
  • BMC Race air filter
  • PAIR block off
  • PCV
  • PCV Autotune wideband
  • Smaller rear sprocket
  • Airbox Ram-Air tubes sealed
So, please be aware I'll be on here often picking your brains !! ... Roll on Spring !!

Nice !

Can you get "before and after" pics ?

I love a good makeover thread .

You've been infected by the Hayabusa . . .

e644b8abbfb871e18f3f8f423884660a.jpg

2nd most modified motorcycle on the planet .

Dunno how interesting before & after shots will be of a spark plug change ! ... lol

Already hit my first two problems .... No thin enough wire to fit into the PCV speed / temp holes (Another trip out into the Xmas rush .. Damn) & dropped the plug termination bit from the PAIR valve kit and its bounced into a parallel universe. Too tired to try and move everything in the garage to find it this late.

Dunno how interesting before & after shots will be of a spark plug change ! ... lol

Already hit my first two problems .... No thin enough wire to fit into the PCV speed / temp holes (Another trip out into the Xmas rush .. Damn) & dropped the plug termination bit from the PAIR valve kit and its bounced into a parallel universe. Too tired to try and move everything in the garage to find it this late.
Have to love how far a small object can bounce when hitting the garage floor.:banghead:

All part of the fun it we wanted it to be easy we would pay a professional.

I think this means the runners from the intake opening to the airbox are sealed so that the pressurization from the ram air effect doesn't leak out through the tubes, never reaching the airbox.

Oh OK, that would make sense, thanks Arch.
Must do that myself, added to my list.

This member sold everything. I bought a few items from him. Sealing the ram air tubes is a mute point. The airbox @ max speed is right a 1 psi ( think turbo boost psi) if you seal the tubes you might see 1.01 ;)
No way to dyno test it as you need to be moving. The preassues from moving forward, and vacuum of engine makes the tiny leaks unnoticed. Remember there are RAIN drains in the intake ram air tubes. Seal them, and get caught riding through 600 miles of rain and it might not be to good ;)

Back