The Ti vs Al vs SS HOTLINE!

jeffgordons24

Registered
So browsing for some fasteners tonight for the Busa, As many on here have found and even some perfected (I’m looking at you @c10) swapping some of the bulky OE hardware for lighter alternatives in the Ti and Aluminum families can shed a hell of a lot of unsprung weight.
For me, it’s the resistance to oxidation I am after. I can not stand when a bolt or part oxidizes or tarnishes.
I am also partial to Ti because I can turn it blue on it’s own oxidation with no dye or paint needed. If it had not been for the guidance of others I would have wound up messing up my head with Ti header bolts and P.A.I.R nuts and wouldn’t have known that aluminum swingarm hardware and axle nuts are more than sufficient and lighter than Ti.

Seeing as I am nowhere near done replacing my hardware and I will defiantly continue to need guidance in doing so, I figured I would start a thread where we could share our bolt swap information, links, suggestions and experiences and so on.

58D07005-BE5C-49A7-B882-BF6B0FD2783B.jpeg

D0BF1155-1791-4486-8A07-DFDD7E3F5658.jpeg

4AFEDFEB-4DD6-4C2C-97D6-D3A0B9CDA22D.jpeg

7AE22076-A5BF-4E82-BBAC-C7FAA419E92E.jpeg

BFCBBA51-2FE2-4602-80A4-6959868703F0.jpeg

DAM IT knew this was going to happen. Well due for the bi yearly check up.

Some of the symptoms include:

-uncontrollable excitement when going on line to order
-constant desire to keep looking at the Toad and c10's bikes
-always looking at your current bolts and nuts and wondering what size they are so you can replace them
-always wondering what color to get them in or if JeffGordon24 can iodize them for you
-hiding packages from your significant other

There are other symptoms I'm sure...perhaps one of two of the infected can add them.

Some of the symptoms include:

-uncontrollable excitement when going on line to order
-constant desire to keep looking at the Toad and c10's bikes
-always looking at your current bolts and nuts and wondering what size they are so you can replace them
-always wondering what color to get them in or if JeffGordon24 can iodize them for you
-hiding packages from your significant other

There are other symptoms I'm sure...perhaps one of two of the infected can add them.
Checking the mail daily because tracking from the UK is awful but once you see the “royal mail” package it’s like the ice cream man came to town!!

Reactions: c10
Okay hiding from wife - check
Color obsession/yes on Gordon 24 - check
Not looking all over bike for bolts yet
No uncontrollable excitement symptoms yet
Not dreaming about TI either what is the diagnosis? Early stages????

Okay hiding from wife - check
Color obsession/yes on Gordon 24 - check
Not looking all over bike for bolts yet
No uncontrollable excitement symptoms yet
Not dreaming about TI either what is the diagnosis? Early stages????

Initial stages, it will get worse from what I see on the threads....

Reactions: c10
Back